Home Stamps Forum
Options

best way to display" best pick" & stock stamps

hello

i collect great britain, all monarchs. prior to eliz II, i am currently displaying one example of best pick from each issue in my album (a 3 ring binder filled with vario pages, not pretty i know - read on). i am doing it in monarch / date order and presenting them in vario sleeves. i have not got into shades, varying watermarks, etc, yet.

the vario sleeves are working out okay but the stamps do move around a little (drives me nuts). i have looked into prinz acid free, black card back, pages with flip down non solvent clear "film" fronts but they seem a bit flimsy. i like the card backing as i think it would hold the stamps in position better. but as i said i dont like how flimsy they are. so, any other recommendation on presenting my best stamps would be appreciated. i would also appreciate binder or album suggestions.

also, with my stock stamps, i am currently using the manilla slide in stock sheets. problem with these is that one cannot see the entire front on the stamp/s and has to pull them out to check front side condition, postmarks, etc. it would be nice if those stamps could be seen easier before being pulled out for further inspection. does anyone have a recommendation of good stock stamp archiving.

i know there are 2 kinds of collector: 1) pack rat 2) obsessive compulsive. i am defiantely a 2!

thanks
wayne
first became interested in cardboard at the age of three. since then i have collected varying examples of textures, corregation grades, glue types, etc. from all over the world. Finding this site and fellow collectors who are as equally devoted to the phenomenon has brought a whole new point, purpose and meaning to my exsitence.