Home Sports Talk
Options

Mcgwire linked to Roids . Im Shocked

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    The guy is still untouchable. He'll undeservingly waltz into the HOF, even if he came forward and admitted everything.

I think baseball has a huge problem with records now though. I am a firm believer that Roger Maris still legitimately holds the single season record for home runs. And I also think that Bonds home run records should be considered in a separate catagory that those of Aaron, Ruth, Mays and everyone else he has surpassed. Same with Sosa and McGwire, all of their home runs should be considered in the same separate catagory as Bonds, Caminetti, Canseco, and any other juicer.

The historical records of baseball are really in utter disarray now, and it's really a shame. I don't think this will ever truly be corrected properly.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    LOL WHAT ABOUT REGGIE JACKSON NOW?? THE GUY LIVED WITH HIM! BEEN AROUND SINCE THE 40'S LIKE IT OR NOT! MARIS 61??? WHO KNOWS!
  • Options
    Mcgwire used steroids?

I though he went from looking like the Hulk to Bing Crosby by eating at Subway!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    What? McGwire used roids? Next you'll be claiming Bonds did too!!!!

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Big Mac already denied using steroids. So, its a done deal.

note: irony was included in the above statement
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Big Mac already denied using steroids. So, its a done deal.

In the words of Fox "Spooky" Mulder - never believe a rumor until it has been officially denied!

• Options
    Couldn't agree with A761506 more. Underline and bold that.

Plus the "historical" records include many years of the dead ball era, the upraised pitching mound that had to be lowered because pitchers had too much of an advantage, no more pitching on the inside corners, smaller ballparks with foul pole distances that are a joke.....did I miss anything, lol?
    Holes-in-One
    1. 7-17-81 Warrenton GC Driver 310 yards 7th Hole (Par 4)
    2. 5-22-99 Warrenton GC 6 iron 189 yards 10th Hole
    3. 7-23-99 Oak Meadow CC 5 iron 180 yards 17th Hole
    4. 9-19-99 Country Lake GC 6 iron 164 yards 15th Hole
    5. 8-30-09 Country Lake GC Driver 258 yards 17th Hole (Par 4)

Collector of Barber Halves, Commems, MS64FBL Frankies, Full Step Jeffersons & Mint state Washington Quarters
  • Options
    Mcgwire.....steroids.....no way!

That would be as crazy and saying Barry Bonds did steroids........

Or Jason Giambi...oh wait, he admitted it.

Well, atleast one of them is man enough to step up to the plate and admit it.