Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Touched corners? maybe with a jack hammer...

My turn to vent - I'm really getting tired of this "touched corners" crap.

..."only thing that keeps this card from being mint is...." anything from rounded corners to cut in half. We've been down this road before, but this kind of hyperbole is just so much garbage. Here's the link back to the auction.

End of rant
Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, looks like that card did cart wheels down the street in a heavy wind

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I have bought many raw cards from this power seller (555) He uses a templete for all his auctions and they basically all say the same thing. He has another templete if the card has a crease.

You have to give him credit though because he always has a large scan to peruse.

His one BIG DRAWBACK as a seller is that he only takes money orders!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mark
    That's "touched"?
    That's like saying Ali "touched" Liston in the first round of their championship bout!

your friend
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Mark,
    sounds like you need to get out of the city, breathe some fresh air and relax image

edited: to add an extra lump of coal
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Well I guess his opinion of touched is different from others.

To his credit, he is very thorough in his explanation, gives an overview of the card, and gives a huge scan of the card for you to make up your own mind if the corners are 'touched' too much for your liking.

Shipping is very fair at $1.50 per card, and has a great feedback record.

Not sure I can see if this is really rant worthy or not...the ones that drive me up the wall is where they try to sell a card with horrific photos of the card, where you can't tell anything about it, let alone the condition.
  • Options
    I also have bought several RAW cards from this seller.....but only after really looking at his scans....as was mentioned before, he does use an auction template, so they all do say the same things.

He's an honest guy - just a bit "loose" in his descriptions.
  • Options
    LodiLodi Posts: 78
    These are also slightly touched corners.....no?
    Edited to show a larger scan, in case you couldn't see the touched corners...
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743

<< <i>These are also slightly touched corners.....no?
    Edited to show a larger scan, in case you couldn't see the touched corners... >>

no
    without corners they cannot be "touched" however
    anyone still holding on to this card is most definitely
    "touched"
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    LodiLodi Posts: 78
    What! are you saying the card isn't nearmint? I've got it in a 6" thick lucite block, it's a 1 of 1 beaver chewed edition.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I think the buyer was more than fair in his photos/scans. If you don't want to bid....

DON'T BID.

There are far worse culprits out there than this seller.
  • Options

<< <i>What! are you saying the card isn't nearmint? I've got it in a 6" thick lucite block, it's a 1 of 1 beaver chewed edition. >>

Good one Lodi

But seriously, I also tire of the "touched" discription. At least he had a good picture. A good picture is normally more important to me than the discription. I understand about templetes, it does take a lot of time to write up discriptions for every auction.
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the buyer was more than fair in his photos/scans. If you don't want to bid....

DON'T BID.

There are far worse culprits out there than this seller. >>

Hey Ax
    Aren't we being a bit cranky? I think people were just having a bit of fun with the guy's description?
    Just like there are worse culprits out there, there are far more egregious actions here to jump on people about.

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Does the Cloninger now have 5 corners?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.