Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Proof of life?

This is a pretty interesting auction; the seller has gone to great lengths to show that he has this Buck Ewing card in his possesion but I still don't believe it. Does anybody know about this card?
Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've got that card, it's the key to the N29 set.
    I can't believe someone would fake ownership with pictures that bad. I'm guessing it's real and legit, but hell if I"m doing a deal that size 6000 miles away.
    Best of luck, since you completed the Morrell run Allan and Ginters should be a piece o' cake!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    What else could the seller do, he took pictures of the card with a typed and dated paper moving around the card. Thats as much as proof that he has the card as anything. I really dont know what else he could do to prove its legit and he has ownership.

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Best of luck, since you completed the Morrell run Allan and Ginters should be a piece o' cake! >>

Thanks, Anthony - I'm definitely not a player for that card or the set. I just like looking at A & G cards and I try to pick up some whenever I can. Little pieces of history.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that seller be better off having someone with some feedback sell that for him? 0 feedback sellers usually do not get the type of action that those with great feedback would. I would also think that this card would be better off in a mastro auction? What do the more seasoned think?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    This is a fraudulent auction. The card is not in the seller's possession.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a fraudulent auction. The card is not in the seller's possession. >>

How can you be sure?

This type of auction is one where someone is going to get a bargain (if the reserve isn't too high), or completely taken. Unfortunately it's the latter the large majority of the time, but there's always that chance...
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>How can you be sure? >>

I can be sure that this is a fraudulent auction because of the GAI holder in the auction pictures. GAI holders have a black insert, but the black insert does not fill the entire holder. Here's a couple examples:

imageimage

As you can see, the top portion of the holder -- between the flip/label and the black insert -- will always show whatever is in the background. Same with the edges of the holder. In this fraudulent auction, all you see is black throughout the entire holder; you don't see any of the background.

In the picture below, if it was legit, you would be able to see the background in the clear areas of the GAI holder. It wouldn't be all black.

• Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333

<< <i>

<< <i>How can you be sure? >>

I can be sure that this is a fraudulent auction because of the GAI holder in the auction pictures. GAI holders have a black insert, but the black insert does not fill the entire holder. Here's a couple examples:

imageimage

As you can see, the top portion of the holder -- between the flip/label and the black insert -- will always show whatever is in the background. Same with the edges of the holder. In this fraudulent auction, all you see is black throughout the entire holder; you don't see any of the background.

In the picture below, if it was legit, you would be able to see the background in the clear areas of the GAI holder. It wouldn't be all black.

image >>

Hey, is that my Yaz card?

Dave