Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A dealer who speaks the truth WOW

Was just glancing at some web sites of a few dealers i buy from now and then when i came across something i found just as interesting as a gem i was looking for.

A description of a card that the dealer says is overgraded. ????????????

How often do you see a guy who values his rep more then a few extra bucks . And not just mentioning this to a regular buyer but puts it out there for all to see.

below is the decription of the card.

(54B 83 Lipscomb Redskins PSA 7 19.00 bottom right is dinged, should be a 5 )

Now for the million $ question who is this diamond in the rough dealer ???

The answer is our on Mike Thomas AKA Nearmint www.nearmintcards.com well worth the trip!!!!!

Not saying by any means Mike is the only honest sports card dealer left but they are becomming few and far between.

KADOOS TO MIKE.

We hear all to often about the horror stories of the rip off guys card doctors ect it was just refreshing to see a honest description. I am sure there are some others who can point simular guys out , Jay Wolt always comes to mind but thats hear some of the good stories today and take a break from all the negative bs

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely !! :1Applause
  • Options
    It is refreshing to hear stories like this!
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    shouldabeenafour
  • Options
    your humor has been missed murcer LOL
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743

<< <i>It is refreshing to hear stories like this! >>

you need to get out more
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    I had a 9 once that looked like a 7, but my attorney advised me not to comment image

BOTR
  • Options
    Well since DaBigHurt hasn't popped in yet...

You guys we can't go around questioning the grades on the cards. PSA are professionals. Leave the grading to them and do not question the grades. Geeezzzzz.
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    heh
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Nearmint's site is the best football card site on the web, bar none.
    An honest, friendly dealer with both raw and graded cards for sale, plus tons of other related info.

And yes, it is refreshing to hear stories like this ! image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Howdy!
    I've done numerous deals with Mike and have been amazed with his professionalism and integrity!
    He's definitely one of the top football card dealers in my book!! With that said, I hope you read this Mike so I can get a hefty discount on my next order!! Ha Ha Ha
    Paul
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    ajmoeller81,

To have the same affect as the DaBigHurt, you need to change your symbol.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks, guys! For your kind words, I'll take 15% off everything until Sunday night. To get the discount, just enter SPEEDO in the Discount Code field of my shopping cart page. The discount's good for everyone.

Mike

Oh, for those who aren't familiar with my sites:
    - Vintage Football Card Gallery is just a reference site. The cards there aren't for sale.
    - Nearmint's Vintage Football Cards, www.nearmintcards.com, is my sales site.

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    There are a few of us who try to do the right thing.

Overgraded Gaylord

I felt bad enough offering a card from that grading company in the first place!

Way to go, Mike!