Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Does anyone have this book?

I am processing a large foreign collection and came across a coin in a 2x2 that is referencing the book, "Pieces of Fate", by Clarence M. Fink. 1959, 146pages, illustrated. If you have this book, I would like info from a specific page.

Of course, I will send a nice copper or something appropriate for your collecting tastes if you can help me out on this one.
Thanks!
Joe

Comments

• Options
    never heard of it, and BTW, who are you???image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>never heard of it, and BTW, who are you???image >>

image ... Nice avatar coin ... maybe he's one of us image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He uses that icon just to tease me.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Well, there really is such a book, but I can't find one available anywhere. Click here to see the catalog of a numismatic book auction a few years ago that had a copy.
    Roy

• Options
    Here's a copy for sale

slow loading page
    "It is good for the state that the people do not think."

Adolf Hitler
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Hi all and thanks for the info so far. Alan, I had seen the copy at ABE books for sale, but had hoped that one of our bibliophiles would have a copy in hand...frankly I'm surprised you don't own it.image

Auld fartte, I'm just one of the many old ghosts that periodically visit the Dark stomping grounds. If you think the avatar is nice (I agree) you should see the actual coin. It is truly a blended masterpiece that pictures can not accurately capture. It is off the scale on eye appeal and I chased it for years... yes, years. I wanted this coin from the first day I saw it.

Ajaan misses this coin... image I may give him visitation this summer.

I had hoped to get something going to celebrate my 4 years of the "new" forums, but time has passed me by...something neat coming soon though.
    Joe
  • Options
    time sure flies here on the darkside, 4 yrs for me in August. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on four years Joe! I'll have four under my belt in December, it seems like only yesterday....image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    BigAlanBigAlan Posts: 311
    ...frankly I'm surprised you don't own it.

I have a self imposed $50/week budget for books. For 2005 I think I'm already spent up through April.image
    "It is good for the state that the people do not think."

Adolf Hitler
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "...and BTW, who are you??? image " --Spinster

imageimageimage

Nice to see you around, Snakekiller!!!
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ajaan misses this coin... image I may give him visitation this summer. >>

Ajaan is not the only one this mystery man got a 1799 halfpenny from...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Is this a lynching?image

I have some really nice coins to show you guys the next time we gather in one spot.
    Joe
  • Options

It's hard to believe this was 14 years ago... wow. The good old days . Anyways, I do want to do a giveaway for the forum. I don't know what it will be, but I'm getting ready to move again...You will get a small box of coolness :) enter name until July 28, noon est

Joe
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

Good to see you again mongoose!

R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options

Hey Joe, how's it going? Kelly says Hi.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Mongoose sighting??!!! Who's next, Aksari or CosmicDebris? Not to mention a few in this thread...wow!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello mongoose, glad to know you. Mongoose huh? Okay. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

A lot of old friends in this post.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan said:
    A lot of old friends in this post.

No kidding. I mourn the loss of our old messages when transitioned to this new-new board. I had some great conversations with Roy if nothing else. Lots of great information in those messages lost. Had noodles with him (and Higashiyama) in Tokyo one time DECADES ago. It would have been cool to talk more Japanese coins again with him (and listen to him 'dislike' the 'tarnished' ones). Where does the time go??!!