Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I almost placed a bid before I saw the shipping cost....

Linky

Although he does offer discounted shipping (for only $4.50 per additional card!!). Another honest seller on the Bay.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    I like the global shipping of 28.00 and banks no longer "hold checks" for 10 days, that went out on the 31st of december, checks now clear electronically in 24 hours. but thats a whole different story.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    Anyone check the price of a jar of vaseline lately? Still don't think that would come up to $10.85.....GOOD GRIEF
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    It is possible that those numbers were from another listing and he didn't think to enter a new amount when he "listed a different item". Just a thought. I personally like the guys who charge $4 for the first card and $1 additional (keep in mind, these are 6-10 dollar cards) and then charge you extra for insurance. You purchase three cards totalling 16.77 in bids and by the time you insure the lot, you're paying an additional $7.30. I think THAT'S obscene.

dgf
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    at least you SAW the shipping charge before bidding, unlike alot of idiots who BID and THEN complain about s&h..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I can see a tad bit of logic for the shipping if you factor in the exact cost.....if and only if...... she actually sends it Priority like it says which is under $4; and with that ridiculous bullet proof 1/2 inch holder ($5 cost), and ooohhh.....a velvet zipper pouch (throw in another buck or 2). Of course I wouldn't bid though.
  • Options
    That's clearly an extremely heavy lucite show case.

Or else the seller's factoring in extra to take account of the weight of "concrete communication".
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I am sending two orders from my Sunday sales today. Each of them were for single cards and I put the card in a rigid top loader, wrap the PayPal receipt around it, fold a cardboard in half and place the card inside of out it, wrap it all in bubble wrap and then place it in a small padded envelope.....all for $1.50. A multiple card lot, though, I do the same thing and charge $3.00. Extra cards generally gets $0.50 added onto it. My problem comes when I have to buy a padded envelope at the PO. One of these days I got buy a box of them at Office Max or something. I think the buyer will be impressed by the packing even if they are not that impressed with that card and leave a positive anyways. At least I hope...
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    The seller should just take the card out of the case and send it in a toploader in a 300ct box if he's so worried. I use to do the padded crap, but I found it easier to just use 300 ct boxes for almost everything. I don't have to worry about anything getting creased, and it only adds about 20cents to my S/H cost.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Cut the seller some slack, man.

He/she/it is now reducing the shipping to $8.85 after re-running the math. A $5 markup instead of $7.image

The profit built into shipping these days is ridiculous. I'm not shocked when a $2 shipping charge only buys me a penny sleeve, 2 thin pieces of cardboard, a small letter envelope, and a 37-cent stamp.

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    since I have been informed my shipping is too high, I recalculated it, and I want the buyer to know, I am reducing it to $8.85.

It looks like the seller has become much more reasonable. What a jerk....
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    All you who think it is funny to screw with the guy have no heart. As you can see, he has adjusted his shipping costs to what he thinks is fair. Some of you on this board need to get a job paying more than $5.50 an hour.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    And give up the wonderful benefits of getting free ice cream with sprinkles...here at Dairy Queen?
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I emailed him and told him he was way off with his shipping charges or was he delivering the item in person? I guess that maybe why he reduced it $2.00.
  • Options
    NOT ONLY IS HIS SHIPPING OUT OF LINE. HE'S A SHILL. GO TO THE PERSON WHO IS THE TOP BID. LOOK AT ALL THE ITEMS HE HAS WON. ALL FROM 1 SELLER WHO ALSO CANT FIGURE OUT THE PROPER PRICE OF SHIPPING.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    To 1954 - has anyone told you that you're an arrogant ass? Just wondering.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>NOT ONLY IS HIS SHIPPING OUT OF LINE. HE'S A SHILL. GO TO THE PERSON WHO IS THE TOP BID. LOOK AT ALL THE ITEMS HE HAS WON. ALL FROM 1 SELLER WHO ALSO CANT FIGURE OUT THE PROPER PRICE OF SHIPPING. >>

i dont think its a shill.. why the hell would a shill be the ONLY bidder on an item?

i also agree with 1954.. find something better to do than police some guys 1991 Stadium Club auction.. his shipping may be "out of line" but it's very clearly stated.. either bid, or move on to the next item..

edit - err.. 1993 stadium, whatever..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Well, turns out the seller was a brand new eBayer who thought she was listing correct shipping fees etc. A very sweet young woman in fact... whose father owns a mail store... where she got actual shipping qutes :-)
    She has ended the auction and will relist it.

Turns out she learned a lot from the attention she received... Kudos to those that gave her the benefit of the doubt... she was neither a scammer nor was she unintelligent... she was just inexperienced selling cards.
  • Options
    I dont believe it. The person who was high bidder on the card won 12 items from a 3 rd name seller. All of the names were initiated in the last 2 months. It seems that the 1 seller must also have a relative in the mail business because they were shipping at the exact same costs. Dont be so naive. Most con artist can seem sweet and charming.

pandrews,
    They bid on there own items because they were trying to show interest and also were not expecting that they wouldnt get any bids because they were new sellers. If you want to give them a pass because they are new and dont understand the rules fine. I bet if you go get the account info they will all have either the same phone # or address.
  • Options
    A mens wedding ring, a Rosestone ring, Pocket Polly compacts, McDonalds Happy Meal Toys, Barbie Dolls, Japanese nick nacks, Coca Cola glasses, and a Ladies wrist watch. All bought from 1 buyer from the same seller. If you people who wish to give "kudos" to a shill go right ahead.
  • Options

<< <i>pandrews,
    but like the last time you disagreed and by the way you were wrong then too, they are shill bids. >>

when was the last time?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    HI just wanted to add to your exhastable chat on the shipping but global priority is 99% effective without a tracking number and only cost 4.00 I have all my cards shipped to me in CANADA and have never had a problem and have had $600.00 cards sent to me in this fashion. I think that buyers must give the customer whatever option they wish if they are paying with checque or money order paypal is a different story entirally with there customer satisfaction policy of no tracking number and problem arises the buyer gets his money back just trying to help take care guys.
    love to buy sell or trade graded hockey stars only, please to meet you and happy collecting
  • Options

<< <i>pandrews,
    but like the last time you disagreed and by the way you were wrong then too, they are shill bids. >>

when was the last time?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Greg- Yes some have said that. Have you or anyone given anyone a break for just not knowing what they are doing? I can't believe that some of the collectors/members here on this board only contribute to this board with the intent to humiliate or cut down those that are weak.
    I got news for you Greg. I like to stand up and help out those that get picked on. I may be an arrogant ass, but I don't screw with people, especially those that I don't know.
    There are many on this board that are quite knowledgeable about their cards. I may not like the stuff they collect, but I don't go around making insults to their love of the hobby. That would be stupid because they might actually be a big collector down the road like a Marshall Fogal or Don Luchious and I just might need them to buy my stuff when it comes time to sell.
    You need to be really cautious how you speak to me. We just might see each other one day at the National......
    I hope I am in a good mood that day.

Later,
    Shane Leonard, but 1954 to you.
  • Options

<< <i>You need to be really cautious how you speak to me. >>

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Some of us use these boards to build relationships with fellow collectors;
    some of us use these boards to sling crap behind a veil of anonymity.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

This has nothing to do with slamming people, it has to do with the rules of Ebay. I would give the benefit of the doubt if there was a doubt. There not even good at it. Even the ID's have a similar look and ring. 3 numbers and a name or a name and a number. Its a shill plain and simple.
  • Options

<< <i>pandrews,

when was the last time?

<< <i>pandrews,
    The thread from the golfcard shill issue. Thats where. >>

gaspipe,
    really? i only posted to that thread 1 time.. the only post i made in that thread stated: "i've bought multiple cards from the same seller on MANY occassions.. i've also had people buy multiple cards from me.." .. tell me how I was wrong about that? WAKE UP!
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Shane,

All I did was share my observation as to the outrageous price that the seller was charging to ship one card. It's amazing how my observation has deteriorated into another squabble over essentially nothing. The reason I called you an arrogant ass is that I've seen before on the boards where you make reference to how much money you make compared to others. I thought you comment was uncalled for that people need to find jobs making more than $5.50 an hour. It seems that everything w/ you comes down to money....

I'd tell you the same thing to your face and don't appreciate you're veiled threats. I'll be at the National on Thursday and will be at the Sun Times Show this Sunday in Chicago. Find me if you'd like to discuss further.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    pandrews,
    You are correct, I mistook you for another and for that I apologize. Still I didnt resort to calling you names.

gregm13,
    Your right but it didnt take but 2 min to see the shilling.

• Options
    gaspipe,
    i've edited my post to remove the name calling.. i apologize also..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Greg-
    First off, my comment was not meant towards you just because you started the thread. I guess you assumed that from my poor taste of words. My comment was towards those that sent him twelve emails just to screw with the guy.
    Secondly, I have never mentioned my income or boasted about how much better than I am than anyone here. (With the exception of my cards being better than my friends' cards Murcerfan) Which is not even close to being true as he has one of the best collections here on the boards. I am a normal guy just like most here. I enjoy collecting just like you. Yes my response was out of hatred towards those that have nothing better to do than waste other peoples time with slanders remarks. Thus the smart crack about getting a job that pays more than $5.50 meaning that they need to get a new job.
    I would be willing to bet that you can't find one thread that I have discussed about my finances. So your excuse does not hold water. If you feel the same way after this email, I guess I see you on Thursday.

• Options

<< <i>pandrews,
    You are correct, I mistook you for another and for that I apologize. Still I didnt resort to calling you names. >>

that ok, Bob.. apology accepted.. but youre still an over-the-hill ugly grotesquely obese man..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>pandrews,
    You are correct, I mistook you for another and for that I apologize. Still I didnt resort to calling you names. >>

that ok, Bob.. apology accepted.. but youre still an over-the-hill ugly grotesquely obese man.. >>

What's wrong with you?

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options

<< <i>What's wrong with you? >>

you and gaspipe should go see Brokeback Mountain together..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What's wrong with you? >>

you and gaspipe should go see Brokeback Mountain together.. >>

Good one.

Seriously.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!