Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What would you do?

I sell lawn equipment on ebay to fund my "habit/obsession". I sold a backpack blower that was in perfect working order with no problems at all. The blower is not the issue, it was the delivery in question. I sent it via Fedex ( like I always do) insured. The buyer supplied me with the address even stating that the address is commercial. So I get an email from the buyer a few days ago saying that the blower is not there yet and he says he is getting nervous. So immediatly I contact Fedex and find out that they tried to deliver it to the correct address and for some reason took it to another address. Turns out the driver assumed that the delivery was for the occupants of the building that had recently moved and took to their new address. I then googled the address it was taken to, got the phone number of the company and called them. They lady there was very helpful and said that the buyer of the blower was just there and picked it up. I emailed him two or three times to find out what had happened even giving him my phone number so we could talk. He never responded to my emails. I check my feedback today and have a neutral! This was totally not my fault but this guy hits me with a neutral. I shipped it to the address I was provided. The only thing I could have done differently was to ride with the driver and make sure it got to the right address! Sorry for going on but am I wrong to believe that this was not my fault? Is there something that you guys think I could have done differently? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i hate buyers who are unhappy, yet will not communicate or allow the seller to make good..

but, sounds like you'll have to eat the neutral unless you can convince him to "mutually withdraw" it, which may be more trouble than its worth.. it sucks to get a neutral, but at least it doesnt take away from your feedback %..

other than that, i'd probably tell him to go "blow" somebody..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    That sucks! I agree with above comment. Can ask for the withdraw but otherwise suck it up. Ebay proves there are TONS of a--holes in the world. I just had a similar one where the card got lost in the mail for 3 weeks and buyer finally got card and he left me a positive but said "thanks but took too long to get card." Whatever! Like I can control the post office! You got screwed here I think!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i hate buyers who are unhappy, yet will not communicate or allow the seller to make good..

but, sounds like you'll have to eat the neutral unless you can convince him to "mutually withdraw" it, which may be more trouble than its worth.. it sucks to get a neutral, but at least it doesnt take away from your feedback %..

other than that, i'd probably tell him to go "blow" somebody.. >>

Lol! That blower is more then capable
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    You handled itwell- he was just giving you a hard time. The mutual withdrawl would not do anything since it still appears in your feedback, but a neutral doesn't count against you. Just be lucky you didn't get a neg from this looser.