Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just ripped a 78 O-Pee-Chee BB Box......

Won an auction last week from ROAMY on the Bay for a box of 78 OPCs.....I believed his write up on the history and surprised myself that my bid of $202 held up. I realize that these are not 1950s packs, but I figured it would go a bit higher. Anyway, I am really pleased. Clearly, they were not tampered with.

There noes not appear to be a big demand for these cards, but the price seemed right....

Here are the results:

1 Murray (in pack #2!) - it's either a 9 OC, or a really good 8. Centering L to R is just a pitch off and will be close to make the 9 centering. Otherwise, it's glowing....

2 Dawsons - likely 8s-9s - sharp
1 Beauty Ryan #105. A solid 9 all the way.
3 Ryan K Leaders - all beauties with great centering. Figure at least 8s and likely 9s here
1 Ryan Most Game Ks #241 - again, a beauty
1 R Jackson Most Homers #242, likely 9 OC
2 Rose Most Hits and 8 and a 9 here
1 Rose #100 -solid 9
1 Munson - 8-9
1 Brock - Best chance for a 10 in the lot - a scorcher!
1 Brett - 8 or 9
1 Schmidt - definate 9
1 Carew
1 Yount - a beauty
1 Eck - solid 8, maybe a 9

This was a blast and highly recommend the seller. LMK if anyone needs any commons, gratis. They are all terrifc. BTW, I've been eating the gum. Its a bit crunchy, but not too bad.

Best to all,

Steve

steve

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Great!! Always great to hear when a fellow collecter does well.
    Kudos to your seller!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I think it is required to eat the gum for any issue that contains it.
    "My mom told me I shoulda been a farmer."

"My dad wanted me to be a baseball player."
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Doh. Wish I knew of him earlier this box of '87 OPC HKY from his completed auction caught my eye. '87 OPC
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a great time! Not sure on the gum but what the heck...can you give us a scan of the Murray?
    Congrats on a great box for a good price!

thanx for sharing
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    78 OPC is still pretty affordable even though they claim there was a lot less made.I ripped a few boxes and the stuff was painful so it sounds like you got a box that was cut with a sharp wire! image
    Would love to see some scans.