Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What a piece of garbage.

Don't sign baseballs unless your a baseball player. You don't see baseball players signing hockey pucks and basketballs.
Also, what a horrible, horrible! signature.

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    imageimage

Man Upper Deck... image

They're nice looking cards other than the crappy sigs.. but why a baseball.. use a little piece of a basketball.

k, i'm done.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭

I don't even think Maddux tries.

I never understood Willie's auto either.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Yao looks like he's trying to explain Brownian Motion to a high school chemistry class.
  • Options

by the way mud those cards will go in the mail tomorrow morning. image
  • Options
    Players from other sports as well as celebrities have been signing baseballs for years, many collectors like them because they are cheaper and easier to store. i like them, but on the flip side that could be one of the reasons the signatures are sloppy too is because the players are not as accustomed to signing baseballs.
  • Options
    Or..... maybe its a result of not exactly getting the best grades in school, or jumping into the NBA prematurely, or maybe coming from rural china? did I just say that?! yikes!! Either way, I think alot of players could care less about the oversaturated collectible market. And maybe for good reason.

Also, these people aren't signing an actual round ball on these cards. I'm sure they sign it with the ball already "flat" So not being used to signing a ball isn't a valid excuse. However, signing a basketball would be really crappy due to the bumps. May as well have your toddler sign it. My 4 year old can put the B and G above to shame!!

GG
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Yeah, I don't think there's any way to sign a basketball small enough to fit on the card. Still, the baseball is just retarded. Just have use fake piece of flat basketball.

Lee
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree the Yonkers School district is in sad shape.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    That Yao Ming sig, what is that? Is it even letters? It's not Chinese, which would've been cool. It looks sort of like you might find "Yamg" in there but he must've been getting fouled while he was signing it.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options

I think that's as nice as his signature gets..

If I got that sweet spot sigs card I posted above in a pack I would be choked and if he signed something of mine in person like that I would hand it back and say no thank you.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Well, with Yaoh, I could probably give him a free pass since English is not his first language and I doubt he's done a lot of writing with it, but I don't know what's up with Mays and Maddux though. In fact, I don't know what the heck is up with alot of these auto's. Do these guys actually write like this when signing a contract or check?
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    UD made those for the cards ( or had them made) When the player signed them the pieces are flat.

James
    x
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Funny stuff...LMAO.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Too bad UD chops up legit signed balls of some players to put on these cards. They usually cut off the begining and the end of the sig. They killed this Joe D auto. Why not just put a redemption for the signed ball? Im not sure if they have cut up a Ruth ball but I know they have chopped up a lot of nice ones.

• Options
    That's horrible. image
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    I prefer the baseball over the foil stickers anyday. I can imagine having one sheet of foil stickers that a player signs. Then the foil stickers can be placed on a variety of different cards for different years.

Now that's lame.

• Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    That ben gordon auto's interesting...it must be one of his first as a pro. If you look at his signature when he was at uconn it was appalling. If you look at the signatures he's done over the last couple months they're not even in the same league, you can't even tell they're written by the same person...that auto's the original evolution of his current one. To see someone's signature change so dramatically over one year, makes you wonder how on earth you can authenticate an auto that evolves over a half century.

p.s. whoever called me out on the boards at the beginning of the season and said "ben gordon won't even play, let alone be a factor as a rookie" I want to beg for public forgiveness now!!!
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options

Now that's nice!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    If I was Yao, everytime an American asked for my auto I'd write something funny in Chinese, different every time. Who'd know the difference if he wrote "Americans are fat and lazy" or "He who begs for signature is like pathetic dog." Well, maybe a few collectors would know the difference.

Lee