Home U.S. Coin Forum

Art of Coins and Their Photography by Hoberman - anyone have this book?

I' ve been thinking about getting this large book for some time as I understand there are some great photos of coins inside. Just wondering your thoughts on it.
Thanks Don
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever

Comments

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the book and like it very much. It may only come in a hardbound edition, like mine, and if it does please be aware that it weighs a ton. My copy cost at least $50 and might have been as high as $85, I just don't recall at the moment. It was purchased from Charlie Davis at one of the ANA shows a few years ago. The pages are high quality, heavy weight, the information is terrific and the images are fantastic.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Thanks Tom for your reply you just sold me on it.image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I was going to ask a question about this book because there is one offered in the upcoming Lake Books sale. Thanks for the info.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Beautifully photographed and printed book. Good descriptions of coins from ancient to modern. Sometimes the descriptions and the photos are a few pages apart. Not printed in China, so the ink density and color are as they should be. Much nicer on your coffee table than more contemporary “coffee table” books.

Copies range in price from $45 to $80 for like-new copies. (But see correction below)
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Book is very scarce and I think over $100 now, but you can occasionally nab one cheaper on eBay or just do a global search online.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $150 - $350 on Fleabay, $119 on Amazon
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file