Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Early Commem Registry Set for sale on BST board

MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
I'm seriously thinking of selling off my PCGS Registry set of Early Commems - which is currently ranked # 3 on the full set of 144 - and I posted the set to the BST boards. ( Grade ave= 64.98) This set has no toners. All the coins are either white to blast white and some have edge-rim toning. I'd be happy to provide images from my scanner/copier to interested qualified parties. This set also includes the two Norse medals, Thick in P-65 and its lightly toned off white, and the Thin in N-65 and its creamy white with no toning what-so-ever.

I'm not interesting in consigning the set to be broken up for the keys and having a dismembered set returned to me. I'm interested in an out right sale.

Originally, I had thought of consigning to a major auction house, but thought I'd try the direct approach first.

Any thoughts, suggestions, insights and offers greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your indulgence - I hesitated in posting this on the Registry Board - but I only got one interesting PM from the BST Board - and thought I needed some additional exposure to others' thoughts and viewpoints .
Mike Hayes
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases

Comments

• Options
    scherscher Posts: 924
    Mike has a good eye and I bet this set will sell quick..wonder what it is worth? A picky high end 65 set...in my opinion many of these have not moved at all and should go up with the rest of the market..low pops and growing interest from the state quarter program i would think,,
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    I believe major auction house could auction your set as one lot on your request. There are 4 lots of 50pics commens set just went thought the last superior auction.
  • Options

I could very well be wrong, but its my understanding that most of these lots ( 50 coin type sets ) did not sell.

That's the problem, selling at auction is really a "crap-shoot". Selling individually listed lots ( either in PDS groups of three or complete type groups, ie: Oregons ) may be the way to go.

Still would prefer the set to sell as a whole.

Anyone had the time to look over the set on the PCGS Registry ?

Anyone figured out what I should expect for a fair offer ? I would expect Blue Sheet Bid... but I don't have those pages available to me.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    TTT for anyone who might be able to provide assistance.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    B. S.T. link

set link

nice set, Mike
    Best of Luck on the sale.

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Nice set.
    How much do you want for it?
  • Options
    Your set can be easy sell on ebay and get the price you want if you willing to breakup the set. (ie 5 coins a day over 4 weeks.).
    Bright white commens are always getting a great price on ebay. Or if you have the time you can consign to a dealer which will charge 10% if they sold your coin. If you look at all the great sets in the past, They all have to break up when is time to sell.
  • Options
    everybody ahead of me should sell out so i can move up in the standings.
    seriously, good luck.
    best regards, checkersfred
    Here's to it and to it again.
    If you don't do it when you get to it,
    You'll never get to it to do it again.
  • Options

The deal is 99.9% done. I'll have the #3 set of early commems for a few more weeks now, then its off to someone who wants a complete set to round out his collection. Congratulations are heartfeltly given.

Thanks to everyone who offered sage advice. This has been another learning experience.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    You will have to build another one now!
  • Options

Sorry Chad...I was rooting for your proposal if the deal didn't go thru !

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    congrats mike

your now loaded with cash...i just talked to the # 3 guy on the ngc registry and he said he has over a million in it....so what are you gonna do with your 7 figures???? we are all holding our breath

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options

7 figures ? hahahahahahaha
    6 figures ? hahahahahahaha

I got out of it what I had into it...remember the GPA was 64.98 not 67.98.

I started the set in 1999 and completed it last year. At least I didn't loose anything, and I had the enjoyment of assembling the only complete collection I had ever seen.

My first love (in coins) is still the SLQ and I'll be upgrading a few in my primary set. The upcoming B&M Sale has the #2 set on the NGC Registry up for sale, consigned by Bob Moreno. ( Nice set, Bob) .
    I hope to pick up a few items in that sale.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    opps

>>>>7 figures ? hahahahahahaha
    6 figures ? hahahahahahaha

im sorry i forgot.... its a pcgs registry set....where its pretty limited what coins you can buy...thus REALLY limited to who wants to buy them at selling time

>>>>#2 set on the NGC Registry up for sale>>>now thats a set you will find a wide array of coins to chose from

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
    a ms69 and and mail and get your the P I CO
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    THANKS LARRY
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.