Home Sports Talk

Phil Mickleson VS Tiger Woods.

Should be smoe exciting golf today. image

I'm pulling for Phil.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be rooting for the groundhog as in Caddyshack.
  • Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    It's great, ain't it? Golf may actually be fun to watch this year. Who'd have thunk it 4 or 5 years ago?
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image

Poor Phil.
  • I didn't get to see the match, had some things to get done. It must have been some match. Phil missed a 5 footer on the back nine? Golf needs Tiger playing well. I just hope everyone else keeps the pressure on this time around.
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• That was great to watch. It was good to see that the killer instinct came back to Tiger.
  • What an unbelievable leader board on Sunday: Phil, Tiger, Vijay, Toms, Goosen, Olazabel and Furyk all finished in the top ten. Ernie Els won over in Dubai with Jimenez and Montgomerie close.

The top four seem to have separated themselves a bit from the field. It could be possible that they win almost half the tournaments on tour this year.

Tiger has 2 wins;
    Vijay has 1 win;
    Ernie has 1 win in Europe, three top 6 finishes on the PGA tour in 3 starts;
    Phil has 2 wins.

Not counting the Tucson Classic (played opposite the WGC Match Play tourny, sorry Mr. Ogilvy), it has taken a veteran player of some note to notch wins so far this year: Stuart Appleby, Justin Leonard, Adam Scott and David Toms. I think we could be in for some historic duels the likes of which we have not seen since Watson and Nicklaus dueled at Turnberry in 1977. I hope this past weekend get repeated several times this year, hopefully with different results!
    Holes-in-One
    1. 7-17-81 Warrenton GC Driver 310 yards 7th Hole (Par 4)
    2. 5-22-99 Warrenton GC 6 iron 189 yards 10th Hole
    3. 7-23-99 Oak Meadow CC 5 iron 180 yards 17th Hole
    4. 9-19-99 Country Lake GC 6 iron 164 yards 15th Hole
    5. 8-30-09 Country Lake GC Driver 258 yards 17th Hole (Par 4)

Collector of Barber Halves, Commems, MS64FBL Frankies, Full Step Jeffersons & Mint state Washington Quarters
  • Tiger #1 in the World again....it looks nice this way. I got so used to seeing his name as #1 that it was weird when it changed.