Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roger Red Cents aka Total Travel Solutions should have all of his sets yanked.

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually don't browse around in other Registry rankings where I don't have a set, but I did tonight. Has anyone noticed that Roger Red Cents listed five different sets in the 09-58 Varieties Set with only one coin per set? It's obviously set up to sell the coins. I don't know why I would have expected better from that nut, but I erroneously did!

Look at sets 46, 54, 55, 56, and 57.

LINKY-DOO

Our Mistress of the Registry should yank all of his, including the others.
Doug

Comments

• Options
    Thats crazy..
    bruce scher
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was a board member at one time...........no/yes?
    Al
  • Options
    Yes, he got bammed.
    Doug
  • Options
    Since the coin fills the same spot, how would you suggest he register them?

• Options
    I recall new sets with a auction listing included included
    in the discussion.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Doug,
    RBinTex might want to respond. Personally, I view the PCGS Registries as a fun place to list my coins. I never worry about the competition because, as far as I'm concerned, I love my Lincoln cents as they are now, and any upgrading I do will be just for fun. I also am not interested in all the non major varieties that Roger seems to have an interest in. That's what is great about this hobby. We each can have our own interests and still come together on these boards to discuss coins.
    Steveimage
  • Options

<< <i>Since the coin fills the same spot, how would you suggest he register them? >>

I would "not" suggest he register them. You only need one for a set. I've got hundreds of double dies that would occupy only a few slots. Should I create 50 different sets?
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Doug,
    RBinTex might want to respond. Personally, I view the PCGS Registries as a fun place to list my coins. I never worry about the competition because, as far as I'm concerned, I love my Lincoln cents as they are now, and any upgrading I do will be just for fun. I also am not interested in all the non major varieties that Roger seems to have an interest in. That's what is great about this hobby. We each can have our own interests and still come together on these boards to discuss coins.
    Steveimage >>

Is RBinTex the same person?

I don't really think he has them listed for the fun of it, but he is welcome to reply if he wants to.
    Doug
  • Options
    "Since the coin fills the same spot, how would you suggest he register them?"

Exactly image
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think the reasonableness test would work here. If Roger has 2-3-4 sets of one coin each that may pass the test, but anymore than that will raise all kinds of red flags.

Otherwise, PCGS will then be forced to make more "rules" which will then take more fun out of the creativity that we all would like to preserve.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    If he is ranked below 20, who really cares what he does?

Greg
  • Options

One of the sets I used to have had several varieties that were not in the set or would simply fit the same slot as another. I chose to do what other people did, and just list them in the set description summary, like "this set also includes these coins . . . "

Maybe that's just my opinion. You are certainly welcome to yours.
    Doug