Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why are big eBay sellers loading up on NNC & NTC slabs?

Sellers like centsles & TNFC are probably 70% full of them tonight. They can't be realizing 20% of the NGC/PCGS slabs at the bell. eBay is starting to look like a slab of whizzed meat going down the list. Are they just trying to dump coins in their inventory or are there some good values if you grade down 2-7 levels?

Comments

• Options
    It's gotten so I have bought anything off of eBay in over 2 months. I was going to bid on one of Jack's coins last night but my VAM collecting buddy beat me to it (the 1878-S).
    Jeff

Semper ubi sub ubi
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I've been seeing a huge number of ntc slabbed morgans lately on ebay...... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Simple reason. For example, Send coins to NTC to get a MS64 and pay $5.00 grading fee and quick turn around, then sell it on Ebay for MS62 price is better than send to PCGS for $18 grading fee and wait a least 2months then get a grade of MS62 and sell it on Ebay for MS62 price.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    A lot of that stuff are coins that would be bodybagged at the majors. It's just another way of pushing junk. Sure, occasionally you will see a coin submitted by an individual that isn't too bad, but don't fool yourself. NTC and others like them are in business to grade the large junk dealer's problem inventory.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file