Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Nickel rolls avail tomorrow at face -see you there

In case I wasn't clear on my earlier post, and in case anyone didn't know and is interested, the U.S. Mint is holding a sale, (Nickel Exchange) tomorrow at Union Station in Washington, DC selling rolls at face. See you there.

Comments

• I dont see any where it says at face value?
    link
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Just in case you need verification (I know I did), this is from the US Mint web site.

UNITED STATES MINT INVITES PUBLIC TO 2005 NATIONAL NICKEL EXCHANGE IN WASHINGTON

What: The nation’s new 2005 nickels with a bold, contemporary image of President Thomas Jefferson on the front and an American bison on the back go into circulation Monday, February 28. Millions of new nickels that look significantly different from the nation’s previous 5-cent coins will be heading to the nation’s Federal Reserve Banks. Americans will start receiving the new nickels in their change a few weeks later.

TUESDAY MARCH 1, the United States Mint will offer the public its first opportunity to obtain the 2005 American Bison nickel. The National Nickel Exchange will begin on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. with a ceremonial presentation of the new nickel to the American people. The ceremony will feature a real American bison and an American Indian performance honoring the event. The National Nickel Exchange will continue inside Union Station, Washington D.C. with a public exchange of bills and coins for $2 rolls of shiny, new American Bison nickels. There will be $100,000 in American Bison nickels available for the National Nickel Exchange.

The American Bison nickel is the third design in the United States Mint’s Westward Journey Nickel Series™, which began with the Peace Medal nickel, followed by the Keelboat nickel, in 2004. The Ocean in View nickel, a fourth design, will be released later in 2005. A law passed by Congress and approved by President Bush in April 2003 authorized the redesign of the nation’s 5-cent coin for the first time since 1938 to commemorate the bicentennials of the Louisiana Purchase and the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Starting February 28, 2005 Americans may order bags and rolls of American Bison nickels online at www.usmint.gov.

Who:United States Mint Director Henrietta Holsman Fore
    Senator Michael B. Enzi (R-WY)
    U.S. Treasurer Anna Cabral
    NEA Chairman Dana Gioia
    Mr. Emil Her Many Horses, Oglala Lakota, Associate Curator, National Museum of the American Indian
    Mr. Daniel P. Jordan, President, Thomas Jefferson Foundation Inc. of Monticello
    White Oak Singers
    Cody, the American bison

When: Tuesday, March 1, 2005

10:00 a.m. – National Nickel Exchange - ceremonial presentation to the American people with a real American bison and American Indian dancers at Upper Senate Park near Russell Senate Office Building, Washington D.C.

11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – National Nickel Exchange- Union Station- public exchange of coins and bills for rolls of 2005 American Bison nickels.

Where: Upper Senate Park near Russell Senate Office Building, Washington D.C: 10:00 a.m. Nickel Presentation

Union Station, Washington, D.C.: 11 a.m.-3:30 a.m. National Nickel Exchange

For photos of the 2005 American Bison nickel, go to: http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/index.cfm?action=photo#2004NickelSeries

Media only: for b-roll video production tape of 2005 American Bison nickels being minted, call United States Mint Public Affairs: 202-354-7222

Customer Service information: (800) USA MINT (872-6468)

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • The kindly clerk at the Mint kiosk asked me, after I realized I was a day early and bought the overpriced set, "Why don't you wait until tomorrow and buy them for $2.00?" I'm a collector, what can I say! Now was he mistaken about the price - I'll let you know.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know, it is good for those of you that live close by there, but I get sick and tired of the US Mint having their outlet there and doing things like that that SO many others cannot take advantage of.

They should do it in all state capitals (would still be a 2 hour drive+ for me) or major city. Just my whine for the day.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• That's true, it would be a better service for all of us U.S. citizens, and you think they would since they seem to be so interested in making pretty large profits.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They should do it in all state capitals (would still be a 2 hour drive+ for me) or major city. Just my whine for the day. >>

By the way, that sounded like a good Merlot! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file