Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks for the lampshade advice Marty-It works

JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
I shot this 85CC cameo using Marty's lampshade set-up. I like it. I will have to practice this. Here is my first try.
Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Lampshades aren't just for wearing anymore.

Russ, NCNE
  • MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Nice pic! image
  • saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Boost your contrast...it's awfully close to great!
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey JB - image
    Disclaimer- This pic has had its contrast boosted.
    I never realized how much you can play with a digi pic when you crank up the contrast-Scary.
    PS- My first pic is the real deal with no games.
  • Dude,

that's giving me a headache. What camera are you using? Try pointing the light at a black surface like construction paper and using the reflected light from that to illuminate your coin. You will get black fields with white devices. Also, please get it more in focus. image
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
    Last 2 were posted with tongue in cheek- And just for the record-I gave myself a headache with those also. Oh yea Nikon Coolpix 4200

• << <i>Last 2 were posted with tongue in cheek- And just for the record-I gave myself a headache with those also. Oh yea Nikon Coolpix 4200 >>

I've always liked Nikon but I just can't get them to take good pictures of coins consistently.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
    This camera is light years ahead of a WalMart cheapie digi cam, but you are right, - There is no way I can come close to some of the pics posted on this site with this camera. I could never capture the colors AND clarity that you got in your example pic about shooting lights off the reflector for example.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file