Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Anybody have a Breen Encyclopedia in terrible condition they want to sell cheap?

Thats right, I said terrible condition. Terrible. T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E

I need one I can cut apart to scan in the colonial pages - so as long as that section is decent, the rest of the book can be a complete disaster.

PM me if you have one that'll fill the bill.

Comments

• Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    and if that person has two, or one terrible enough for colonialcoinunion, and another nicer readable one for me....... lemme know.

PS to anyone reading this........HE ASKED FIRST so don't go tryin to start a bidding war! if there's only one, he gets it. I'll wait.
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    Elevate. And note that I'll take one if if its only sort of cheap.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a nasty tendency to come loose from their bindings, and for the pages to separate, so maybe somebody will have one for you.

I paid good money for mine and knew about the aforementioned tendency to fall apart, so I have treated it gingerly.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, CCU, you'll probably hate me for this, but I just remembered something.

A few years back I helped a friend's parents move their rare book binding business to Jacksonville, Florida. Since their son was a detecting buddy of mine they knew I liked coins. They gave me a poster of the Norweb collection and offered me a box full of plates and engravings of colonial coin pictures from heaven knows what old book(s). These folks dealt with rare books back to practically Gutenberg's era, so some of the engraved, non-photographic plates might've even been contemporary to the coins themselves. I don't remember.

Not knowing what I would do with just the pictures, I declined them, even though they looked neat and would've been nice framed and hung on a wall. image

They were Mr. and Mrs. Grace and their company was Grace Bindings or Grace Bookbinding, or Grace Rare Book Binding or something like that. Jacksonville, FL. I'll have to see if they're still there. That's just south of here. This would've been, oh... seven or eight years back that I helped 'em move.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    You know how to read. Whoda thunk.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage