Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PM thing is driving me nuts.

OK this may sound repetitive and it is but I can not figure out how to send a PM unless it is from a already posted item. In other words I know about the lock over a thread on the right side. Click on it and a screen pops up about 6" x 6" where you can type all kinds of stuff. Under that it says to send and click on that and all is done. I have done this and it works. I have gone to the lock icon at the upper left, clicked on it and found messages that have been sent to me. Then there is a place to reply or end. Now this is what I've been trying to do and it just don't work.
I go to the lock icon at the upper left and click on it. Several small boxes appear with things on them like add a buddy, delete a buddy, review history, etc. The first one, however, says to send a PM add a name here. There is a little box about 1/2" high and 4"long. I enter someone and then click on send. POOF. No place to add a message. Just a poofing noise and the little screen is blank again. I went to the forum help item at the top right. There is lots of explanations about PM but nothing about how to send from scratch. Only how to send if there is lock symbol over their thread.
SO does anyone out there know how to do this. Murphy had me go to my control panel and and fix pop-up thing and still nothing. Is old age getting to me? Do I have to do like in the cartoons and find some little kid to fix this?
Carl

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file