Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Savannah Auctions are back!

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    And, the slimeball has had that backup ID for almost three years.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    Who is this seller and what makes them so hated?
  • Options
    Is anyone actually surprised?

This is an old account they've had stashed for years. Wonder how many more just like it they've got?

Essentially, eBay did nothing but give these scammers a different venue in which to rip people on.

Clearly, it's going to take a class action suit, it's going to take the stockholders to get involved, something stronger is needed. Bad publicity for eBay may be the only thing short of legal action against these scammers who need to be in jail.

EBay needs to be hit with a lot of complaints and I mean a lot of them and quickly. This is worse than before because they have a clean slate again. image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options

anyone write to eslay yet to shut her down?
  • Options

<< <i>Who is this seller and what makes them so hated? >>

Do a google search on pjd1966 and you'll have several hours of reading material. Then come back see where this thread has gone in the meantime.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options
    this "coin" looks familiar.

looks all good to me
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    and she's doin the private auctions again image
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    << Do a google search on pjd1966 and you'll have several hours of reading material. Then come back see where this thread has gone in the meantime. >>

Now I understand.
  • Options

<< <i>this "coin" looks familiar.

looks all good to me >>

Reported!
  • Options
    Please post that "reporting" link again; I can't find it here or on eBay. Sry..
  • Options
    Some of those *almost* look authentic. Maybe they are building up the real feedback and then get the chumps later. Someone buy one and let us know.

Any takers?image
  • Options
    I think she has another account thats based in Pittsburg too. Writing on the flips is the same handwriting.
    jdp
  • Options
    Bastage!!! image
  • Options
    I wrote to ebay too
  • Options
    Please report this other identity (jdonnellysr) to Ebay as being the same seller (pjd1966) who was recently suspended, in case by some miracle Ebay is unaware of it AND cares - thanks.
    Link for reporting to Ebay.

• Options
    done.
  • Options
    Use THIS LINK
    for reporting previously suspended sellers.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I reported the the normal report link...is this one better?
  • Options
    Reported here!
  • Options
    << I reported the the normal report link...is this one better? >>

The link I posted is specifically for previously suspended members.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Reported.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options

<< <i><< I reported the the normal report link...is this one better? >>

The link I posted is specifically for previously suspended members. >>

well, reported to that one too image
  • Options

<< <i>Please report this other identity (jdonnellysr) to Ebay as being the same seller (pjd1966) who was recently suspended, in case by some miracle Ebay is unaware of it AND cares - thanks.
    Link for reporting to Ebay. >>

I guess the big question is.........<drum roll please>................does eBay care?

I suppose we'll find out soon enough, but realistically, I'm not holding my breath. I doubt eBay has any legal exposure at this point so I'm thinking they just tried to massage the angry crowd with the first NARU. How many man hours have gone into all the reporting of them that everyone has done so far?

As we stand right now, eBay's message is that crime does pay. image
  • Options
    placed a couple bids,suspect everything is shilled to death already.

if i can win one,i think i can ask for contact info ?
  • Options

<< <i>placed a couple bids,suspect everything is shilled to death already.
    if i can win one,i think i can ask for contact info ? >>

100proof1957, what is your plan? If Ebay really cares, they will already have more than enough information with which to suspend this other account.
  • Options
    Mark,

Ran into a POS seller a couple years back and managed to trace the phone numbers by name,2 in texas and one in OK,seems i got my money,the merch and they got the NARU !

Proof
  • Options
    Who is that masked man? 100proof, you took on 2centsin as well, and look what happened to them. Good on yaimage
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    Proof, I hope history repeats itself!image
  • Options
    Auctions withdrawn?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God!
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    ~PATRICK HENRY~
  • Options
    NARU already !!! I've never seen ebay move so fast!!
  • Options
    just gonna try to win an item,request contact info and go from there !
  • Options
    You guys ROCK !

Fastest NARU in history !
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Check out these IDs also. The format of the auction looks familiar:
    coin55555
    alwaysgreener
  • Options
    Stop complaining about eBay not doing anything about scammers. We have a friend on the inside now and they are listening to us.image
    imageimage
  • Options
    image Just got home from Bowling and saw the thread and the Naru'd account and cancelled auctions. All I gotta say is....LOOKS ALL GOOD TO ME!!image Guys and eBay too!! image

If I only had a dollar for every VAM I have...err...nevermind...I do!! image

My "Fun With 21D" Die State Collection - QX5 Pics Attached
    -----
    Proud Owner of
    2 –DAMMIT BOY!!! ® Awards
  • Options
    Well, this is outstanding!!

Now we just have to keep on them because you know they will keep trying with other IDs.

Somewhere in Savanna, Pan and Jim are having an arguement and blaming each other, bet on it.
  • Options

<< <i>Stop complaining about eBay not doing anything about scammers. We have a friend on the inside now and they are listening to us >>

If there is truly someone on eBay taking note, this is the time to recommend the end to PRIVATE auctions and the ability of sellers to HIDE THEIR FEEDBACK.

The sellers feedback is a gauge for bidders to know if the seller is worth a crap or not.

As someone else mentioned the only venue for a PRIVATE auction may be PimageRN...but I think all auctions should be visible to prevent this fraudulent misuse IMHO.

-----
    Proud Owner of
  • Options
    imageeBay is "studying" the problems of private auctions.
    In other words, don't hold your breath.
  • Options

<< <i>eBay is "studying" the problems of private auctions. In other words, don't hold your breath. >>

imageimage GASP...Cough...Cough!! Good advice!! I seem to get all blue in the face!!

-----
    Proud Owner of
  • Options
    I just checked on the link and it shows o items, maybe they caught on and shut that down too !!!!!image
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    NARU'd! image
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>just gonna try to win an item,request contact info and go from there ! >>

You don't need to wait for an auction to end to pull contact info. You can pull it while the auction is still up, as long as you are a bidder.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know what ebay told them the second time. I'm assuming that they were big enough to have merited some personal contact and not a boilerplate email when they got NARU'd.

So if for the sake of discussion they were going to get a 30-day suspension before, would trying to get around the suspension merit a harsher penalty from ebay?

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    I just had to bump this to the top one more time.

It's like that old joke about the man going to the White House and asking to see Bill Clinton. The guard finally says, "look you've been coming here for weeks asking the same question and I tell you everyday that he's not the President anymore." The man says, "I know, but it just feels so good to hear it everytime."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file