Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2005 Fan Favorites - Elway

Here's some interesting news on Beckett: 2005 Fan Favorites. Elway is getting a baseball card in the 1981 style. He's also signing some. In case you didn't know, he was famously drafted by the Yankees in case he decided not to go into the NFL, which almost didn't happen right away because he didn't want to play for Baltimore. Anyway, I think it'll be a cool card.

Also, they are having gold refractors, rainbow refractor autos, and press plates. Like last year, I will be very grateful for any assistance finding Bake McBride cards. I hope he'll be in it.
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• Options
    weird that he didn't get a card until now. Didn't he play in the minors for a stretch?
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Elway is getting a baseball card in the 1981 style. He's also signing some. >>

i want one!
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    A couple of questions:

Are all the cards going to be 1981 style? And is this a similar style to the heritage sets?

• Options
    im mift

im not getting a card and i was drafted by the areos but went with john to the nfl instead

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>weird that he didn't get a card until now. Didn't he play in the minors for a stretch? >>

Elway actually did have a card in the 1982 Oneonta (NY) Yankees minor league set issued by TCMA. The team was the Yankees' Class-A
    NY-Penn League affiliate. The set is listed on page 1552 of the 2005 SCD Standard Catalog.

Steve