Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Man, I like this!!

RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fellow Board Members,

Back in the 70's, I thought that my coin collecting was kind of lonely at times. I didn't interact with other collectors (and I'm actually quite social) and the coin club I belonged to seemed to be made up of vest pocket dealers that were trying to rip off the new guys. We had some coin stores, but they were a bit stuffy it seemed to me.

But now, I can search through Ebay, look at the user groups (newsgroups), go visit with the guys that hang out at the coin shops OR do my new thing, read this message forum! I think that right now is one of the best times to be a coin collector and this forum, with it's photo's and great information is just the BEST! I thank PCGS for making it possible and I thank all of the guys who post here and make it so interesting and informative. image
All the best, Pete
"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
Louis Armstrong

Comments

• Options
    dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
  • Options

Lots of great people here!!! image
    3 Jonesy Dammit Girls...CLW POTD!!! 10/9/05 image
  • Options

<< <i>image

Lots of great people here!!! image >>

Yes, and even us old folks!image...Welcome!
  • Options
    I know what you mean. I've been a member of PCGS Collectors Club since 2000 and have visited the PCGS site for 3 years while ignoring the "Message Boards" link. Then one night I'd thought to use the link expecting to find scant participance (I mean who posts on forums about coins?) Man, was I pleasantly surprised. This place is jammin'. This forum sometimes gets more lively than a forum of Yankees fans in which I'm a member. image

• Options
    Stick around.

image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    Welcome....I'll second that! I have learned more on the boards here in one year than I ever thought I'd learn throughout my lifetime. There is sooo much knowledge to be had here and members are always willing to share knowledge and opinions. Believe it or not, I purchase more coins here on the boards than I do on eBay now. I have not had a negative buying/selling experience with a board member...EVER.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Let me add my image

-----------

etexmike
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

This place is great for all types, you'll get a
    well rounded opinion on most everything.
  • Options
    i LIKE IT HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN TALK TO OTHER COIN COLLECTORS IN YOUR PAJAMA'S AND YOUR HAIR MESSED UP!image
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i LIKE IT HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN TALK TO OTHER COIN COLLECTORS IN YOUR PAJAMA'S AND YOUR HAIR MESSED UP!image >>

Why can you only do that from here? You should see some of the people at the coin shows in the Midwest.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    Welcome Aboard, good hunting!!!!!image

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list