Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ok...i GIVE UP...protecting uncirc. mint sets?

I know they make storage boxes that hold your mint sets...and I know Eagle makes those album pages that you can put your mint sets in (cellophane only)......but....

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A ZIPLOC BAG OR A SIMPLE ENVELOPE - THAT IS APPROXIMATELY 4"X7" IN SIZE - THAT WILL HOUSE THE CURRENT SIZE MINT SET ENVELOPE???? I am tired of my mint sets sloshing around - the corners getting banged up - and the outer envelope getting damaged. I would like to protect the whole set....(roughly 3.75"x 6.75" in size)...so I'm thinking something around 4"x7" would work great. Anyone come across something that will work for this?

Thanks,

Toby

Comments

• Options
    Possibly large size currency holders. Just make sure they aren't PVC.
  • Options
    Hi there,
    perhaps what I use to store slabs in but in a larger size - Polypro polyethylene storage sleeves - perhaps 5x7? Cheap and totally safe.

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might consider storing the sets and packaging separately. The packaging should
    be packed tightly in a box which is stored under dry conditions. This is especially true
    for those with glue on them. Glad sandwich bags will hold the coins and provide a lit-
    tle more protection but aren't adequate for display. The mint set packaging itself isn't
    good protection in some cases.

The coins should not be exposed to moisture or sunlight.
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file