Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My first bronze medal

My uncle lives in Hawaii and I have visited there, so when I saw it I liked it right away. I picked this up a local coin show yesterday along with other assorted goodies and decided to try out my new macro lens on my camera. Nice heavy bronze medal with huge detail. I know nothing else about it, but the dealer had another one and I am going to buy it when I see him next month. Photos went from several megabytes large to around 40Kb so they are somewhat grainy. But the originals make great backgrounds.

Comments

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    That's a very nice example of the medal issued to commemorate Hawai'i's becoming the 50th state. It was published by MACO and is fairly common, but not usually so nice. Congratulations for stepping more deeply into the Dark Side!!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Very nice medal and picture! image
    N. N.
  • Options
    looks great, how large is it??
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Very,very nice!!!
    Shep
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>looks great, how large is it?? >>

Its around 2-1/2" x 2-1/2", not sure what that is in millimeters image

I didnt realize that they are fairly common since I had never seen one. I went over this with a loupe last night and I cant find any nicks or rub on it image
  • Options
    Great medal.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Like I said, you they're usually not so nice as yours, which looks pristine as though it was freshly struck from new dies.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Like I said, you they're usually not so nice as yours, which looks pristine as though it was freshly struck from new dies. >>

So I will definitely buy the other one next month image
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    image wow
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams