Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NEWP from Westford show CC Morgan

Did not seem as busy and crowded as Nashua show (the bourse floor 7 times larger, that may be the reason). Several dealers were also missing. I maged to grab that nice CC Morgan:

Opinion?

Comments

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I never met a CC Morgan I didn't like!

That's a nice one and appears to be a 64 to me. Nice buy.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice 1882-CC. Is that a die crack on the reverse going through AMERICA.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    super nice original thick skinned coin with tremendous eye appeal

ms64++/65
  • Options
    I have to agree high end 64image
    Michael
  • Options
    Nice CC, I like the die clashing and die cracks.image

Looks 65 to me.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadysta1: I like your new 1882-CC Morgan Dollar! It's got some nice pretty original toning, very few minor contact marks, strong luster and a strong strike. I think that it's a lock MS-64 (and perhaps a long-shot 65) because these factors combined with high eye-appeal.

The shot-65 will very much depend on how shallow or how deep those obverse contact marks are, and how distracting they look in person vs. the digital image.

Thanks for sharing her with us!!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    I bought it because I think it has a fair shot at 65 I bought it for $215, which I think was a great price for a PQ MS64 coin (it was marked 64).

I also bought two more Morgans that will reqire VAM help I'll post them later when I get home.
  • Options
    Tom,

• Options
    Yes...lock for 64...shot at 65...I think it a 64.8....very close....and very nice coin image
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most excellent!
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Great looking coin!!!

Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file