Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Saw Bob Zaps at Long Beach!

dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
It was great to see Bob at the show. He actually looked very good to me! His speech is a bit uncertain, but hardly distracting. He said he hadn't progressed as far and as quickly as he'd like, but he was there, active, cruising the floor, doing business.

He was very appreciative of all the expressions of concern and care he got from you folks.

It did my heart good to see him so well!

Comments

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Thatt is good news indeed.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news. I spoke with Bob via phone last week and he was very excited to get back at it. Glad to hear he made it and was doing business.

Pat
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had lunch with Bob Friday, and he is doing exceptionally well. A little stutter in his step and voice, but I was pleasantly surprised how quickly he has returned. Just call him and offer him some Roosevelt Dimes and see what he says!image
    Doug
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Likewise, I chatted with Bob quite abit on both Thursday and Friday - always great to see a good guy bouncing back!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Spoke with Bob by phone yesterday, said he really enjoyed being back on the bourse floor and sounded real upbeat about the future.
    Really happy he's doing so well! image

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear this cat is doing well, he assisted me at a past Long Beach show with some high eye appeal Frankies...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Only met him a few times but he was always really friendly. Glad to hear his recovery is progressing. image
  • Options
    Great news!
    glad to hear Bob is back on the bourse floors.
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    I was very happy to see Bob, Thursday at the Long Beach show, and I was
    able to pick up a couple of Lincoln cents from him. He looked really good.
    As usual, he had a very nice selection of coins. I drooled on his PCGS65 32-D
    quarter. image
  • Options
    My wallet is quite a bit lighter thanks to Bob. He's a wonderful guy, and I am very glad to see him back at coin shows, but I wish he'd just give me the coins I want at face value. image
    When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
  • Options
    RonManRonMan Posts: 449
    It's good to hear Bob is doing well.

I don't know him but made several raw Washington purchases from him several years ago and I always remembered the name because it was was some of the better coins I bought in my early collecting days.

I thought Bob had a website a couple years ago but did a search for it today and came up empty. Anyone know if he still has it or how he is selling these days?

Thanks,
    Ron
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    That's great news. Glad to see Bob is back... How was his Washington quarter selections other than the 32D MS65?

Thanks for the update

WWQ
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Glad to here Bob is out and about! I had a great conversation with him a few years back in Baltimore.

Learned more about Washington quarters in that 30 minutes than I had in about a year!

Thanks BOBimage
  • Options
    Bob gave me a call the other day. It was good to hear from him and good to hear that he has made good progress. He knew that i had suffered a similar experience, so his call was very up-lifting to me. I was happy to hear that he is able to walk unassisted, as i am still pretty much wheelchair bound. I hope to see him soon and really "compare notes". image

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Don. I am sorry to hear that you had a similar experience. I hope you get better and recover quickly. All the best!!

Steve
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks, Steve. image
    FULL Heads RULE!