Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best way to store partial vintage set?

I have 1/2 of a complete 1970 Topps baseball set from my childhood. There are 720 cards in the set and I have about 400 cards, with some duplicates. Yes, my mother, may she rest in peace, had the foresight to give me them rather than throwing them out. About 5 or 6 cards I had graded by PSA such as the Clemente, Seaver, Munson, and Aaron. They graded 6's and 7's. The remaining cards I would say average PSA 6 but I am sure there are some PSA 8's in there, although probably not the major stars. What is the best way to store, i.e., boxes, loose leafs, etc.? Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Options
    cookie jar is the best.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    penny sleeves, then in a hard toploader, then in a toploader box.

Although binders are better if you actually want to look at your cards often.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Considering the condition of the cards, I think top loaders are over kill. I'd go with sheets and a binder.

Or just put the stars in top loaders and keep the commons in plastic or cardboard boxes if you don't plan on viewing and handling them often.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys for your recommendations. I actually went to Staples today and picked up a nice binder and eighty Avery 9 pocket trading card sheets. Avery says they are Acid-Free to protect the cards. Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    ultra pro is probably better.

However, I have no knowledge about Avery baseball card pages, I didn't even know they made any.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!