Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    He does at least have 100% positive feedback.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    The seller seems to possess a wealth of information. He's right though, a heavy accent beats an regular accent every time. The low opening bid is a trick to start a bidding frenzy.

Joeimage
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    LMAO, I like the answer to the question.
    Retired USAF 1979 - 1999 ~ F-4 & A-10 Crew Chief/Logistics Planning
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I know Russ has his sniper set for this one...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Q: I have 20 of these coins 1964 D solid silver excellent condition sealed in plastic... Are they worth anything? Were can i sell them?
    A: THIS COIN IS A 1964 WITH HEAVY ACCENT ON HAIR SOME OF THE FIRST MINTED, THESE COINS CAN SELL FROM $1500 TO $6,000 DEPENDING ON CONDITION THIS ONE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. THE 1964-D SOILD SILVER EXCELLENT CONDITION AND SEALED IN PLASTIC THE MOST WOULD BE $750.00 UNLESS SOMEONE WOULD PAY MORE.

I love when the blind lead the blind image
  • Options
    By the q & a he seems quite the expert as well. Here's your chance, he has that deal where the questions and his answer are on the page.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

WOW! Nice stretch from a dollar garlic press to a $1,500.00 coin!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see if he adds my question to the Q&A.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I would assume I don't need to worry about getting sniped!
  • Options
    nice pic...
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
    NoEbayAuctionsForNow
  • Options

<< <i>Q: I have 20 of these coins 1964 D solid silver excellent condition sealed in plastic... Are they worth anything? Were can i sell them? >>

<< <i>A: THIS COIN IS A 1964 WITH HEAVY ACCENT ON HAIR SOME OF THE FIRST MINTED, THESE COINS CAN SELL FROM $1500 TO $6,000 DEPENDING ON CONDITION THIS ONE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. THE 1964-D SOILD SILVER EXCELLENT CONDITION AND SEALED IN PLASTIC THE MOST WOULD BE $750.00 UNLESS SOMEONE WOULD PAY MORE. >>

• Options
    If Russ's question appears, which should be entertaining, I'm gonna try too.

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options

<< <i>It'll be interesting to see if he adds my question to the Q&A.

Russ, NCNE >>

I'll bet $1,500 that he does not.image
  • Options
    Now, now, you guys are assuming I sent a meanie question.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I couldn't resist, I asked, "to make sure it had the marker of an authentic AH", if the leg on the R of LIBERTY was the straight one or the angled one.image

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see if he adds my question to the Q&A.

I wonder what Russ axed them?
    jdp
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this guy has all of us beat. His photograpy setup is the cheapest I've seen. And not even Russ has found a AH 64D...
  • Options
    He responded to my question but, strangely, didn't put it in the Q&A. I asked him if the auction was a joke. He said no.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why the "smart buyers" aren't jumping on this one.imageimageimage
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    With shipping only $8.95 and insurance a mere $22.20 and required

I just might have to bid on this baby.

-----------

etexmike
  • Options
    Check out some of the new questions. image
  • Options

<< <i>Check out some of the new questions. >>

Man, and people say I'm a smartass! image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    He answered my question, made him look anyway. My guess is this thread generated a few of those questions.

• Options

Q: Is this the variety tha has the front of the hair accidented right above the eye?? I have one of those and wouls like to get one for my brother answered on: Feb-27-05
    A: NO I AM SORRY IT DOES NOT, FROM THE PART OF HIS HAIR TO THE TOP OF HIS HEAD VERY HEAVY ACCENT AND VERY THICK THE SIDES VERY DEFINED WITH SOME HAIR APPEARING... image

My boy sure is busy answering questions

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Wondering if he answer's mine, I told him i heard that i read that only the accented Hair Kennedy Halfs have in the motto, "In God We Russ" instead of Trust...........image
  • Options
    You guys crack me up!!image
  • Options
    Who's the bleeding heart that ratted us out?? image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    Q: I have heard that this accent is a sign of the apocalypse. Is this true?
    A: I HAVE NO IDEA, THANK YOU
  • Options
    I am on my 5th drink and that picture still isn't getting any clearer........
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    That seller needs to say "no" to drugs.
  • Options
    You guys are terrible. This guy sounds like he might be just a little slow. I for one don't make fun of the less fortunate, because I'm less fortunate myself! But I can see the humor here.

I think that if you found a JFK Proof with In God We Russ, then yes it definitely would be a sign of the apocalypse coming soon!
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Wondering if he answer's mine, I told him i heard that i read that only the accented Hair Kennedy Halfs have in the motto, "In God We Russ" instead of Trust...........image >>

-g image
    I listen to your voice like it was music, [ y o u ' r e ] the song I want to know.

I'd give you the world, just because...

Speak to me of loved ones, favorite places and things, loves lost and gained, tears shed for joy and sorrow, of when I see the sparkle in your eye ...
    and the blackness when the dream dies, of lovers, fools, adventurers and kings while I sip my wine and contemplate the Chi.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file