Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Want to sell the last puck ever used at Boston Garden...whats the best way to auction it off?

My sisters best friends father in high school was an NHL linesman. He was the linesman in the final NHL game played at Boston Garden. At the end of the game he took the puck and gave it to me as a gift, the final puck ever played with at Boston Garden.

I am thinking about auctioning this beauty off but I am interested in what would be the best way to do this. I am not a Boston Bruins fan, but would love for this puck to be owned by a fan of the team.

I have no clue what this thing is worth..anyone have ideas on how much it may bring.

It also comes with the linesman's LOA to prove its authenticity.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    mastro... you need lots of exposure to big spenders to sell something like that and get a decent sum of money for it.
  • Sportsworld in Boston

tons of auctions, national exposure &

lots of Boston collector's = most $$ for you.

PM me if you want the owners contact info

Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • i dunno jack about this stuff but i for one would want some mighty good proof the puck is what you say it is. A L.O.A. wouldnt cut in in my opinion.

Good luck!

• << <i>It also comes with the linesman's LOA to prove its authenticity. >>

Yes..you're going to have to do a heck of a lot better than that!

BUT....there's another factor here....I believe that NHL officials are not permitted to take "souveniers" from games. So with that being the case, you may be in possession of a "stolen" puck that actually belongs to the Bruins or NHL. You might want to check this out with the NHL before you list it on eBay.

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Chicago111 and everyone else, what would the best way to prove the pucks authenticity? The now retired linesman agreed to help me in the sell of the puck in anyway he could be of help...

Thanks everyone!
  • Habs,

thats very interesting info as this linesman gave me many items from games played in the NHL, I wont say his name publicly because of what you just said about it maybe being nhl or team owner property - id hate to get him in any trouble (if he could get in any trouble he is retired)

I will look into this, if it is property of the nhl or bruins I will gladly return it to them as I would rather it be displayed by someone who cherishes it instead of sitting on my book shelf.

Thanks again guys - more thoughts please!
  • Patrick,

Don't think this guy is the first one to grab a puck. All the players, officials and everyone else associated with the teams is privy to items from the games. That's where 90% of the game used jerseys bats and sticks come from.

The paper from the perp is the perfect partner proving the pucks provenance.

Now say that 5 times fast! image

Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00

• << <i>BUT....there's another factor here....I believe that NHL officials are not permitted to take "souveniers" from games. So with that being the case, you may be in possession of a "stolen" puck that actually belongs to the Bruins or NHL. You might want to check this out with the NHL before you list it on eBay. >>

I know nothing about hockey history, so this may be a dumb question: When *was* the last game played in the Garden?

And what is the statute of limitations on the theft of such an item, assuming it was "stolen"?
  • Sell the puck to Bushing for one dollar -- under the condition that you will also get 50% of the proceeds after he slaps an A10 on it and consigns it to Mastro.

Disclaimer: I'm joking
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Coolidge has to be joking. Bushing would never agree to give up 50%. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I would go with Lelands.. hockey stuff seems to go for more on there (their advertisment in the latest beckett didn't proswade me to say that by the way)