Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What happened to the blue PSA storage boxes?

Does anyone remember the blue PSA storage boxes? I never had one but recall seeing a few on Ebay a few years back. Did anyone here buy any and if so how much were they? When did PSA stop selling them and did they come in different sizes?

I have a few smaller sets (12-66) that I would like to keep together other than in cardboard boxes. Any suggestions? I can't imagine what those of you who collect sets nearing 800 cards per set or several sets with large numbers of PSA graded cards must do to store your cards.

Please share.

Peter
Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

Comments

• Options
    I believe PSA still has the blue and red plastic boxes. I saw them recently at the Hollywood Park show. They used to be $5 each.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    for sale in supply section of this web site!

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Peter , I have a couple large sets in PSA slabs......the most economical (for fitted boxes) storage method is the cardboard vault box available at BCW for one. I think they were about $36 delivered for a bundle of 25. They hold around 75 PSA slabs.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Peter, go to the PSA supply link and call them. The picture of the plastic ones of you want them is no longer on that link but they do have them for sale via the phone number*** enjoy collecting!
    live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    maybe roop archives will have something that fits your needs. I have had pretty good luck with them.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    I have 14 of those boxes that came with a lot of cards I bought. I would be very happy to sell the plastic boxes. Shipping for the boxes because of size will probably be expensive, but $3 a box would be more than enough for me.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    barkus whats the size of those boxes
  • Options
    Peter,
    I use the black cardboard boxes with the PSA logo on the end that hold 60 cards and measure about 12"x3.5"x5.25" when there are cards in them. I prefer them over the PSA plastic boxes that only hold 25 cards.
    Jason
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone for your responses and suggestions.

Magellan : Great idea, I enjoy having my own cards graded and will need something larger when I begin some of my favorite 70s and 80s sets.

BarkusD : I will email you shortly. Thanks

JW : Thanks. I will email you later in the week.

Many thanks,
    Peter
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.