Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help 1962 and 1963 Salada Tea Coins

What do you guys know about these. I recently bought these. Are they worth any money. I have around 40 total and I see some nice ones including Mickey Mantle 1962, Willie Mays 1962, Yogi Berra 1962, and Sany Koufax 1963. Please look at the scan below and tell me what you think about the value of these. They are all in medium condition. Thanks, Thibs

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Neither set is worth a whole lot unless you have any of the rare variations, and a lot depends on the condition of the insert piece on the 62's and the rust and chipping on the 63's. The Mantle you have there looks like it is in VG condition. All insert pieces in the 1962 series have a slight crease along a small section of the edge of the cardboard to hold them in place because there is no adhesive behind them. That tiny crease does not reduce the value or contribute to lowering the grade, they all have it. Many of the insert pieces have popped out and were damaged and then reinserted, some even glued in. The insert piece should be able to be manually rotated inside the disc without falling out. Additionally, if the plastic has been scratched or damaged, that will also lower the condition significantly. The biggest problem with them is surface wear, the cardboard got dirty very easily causing the picture to look dirty/scuffed. The book value of the Mantle would be $75 if it were NM, $37 in EX, and $22 in VG. The other ones you mentioned... 62 Mays is $40 NM/$20 EX/$12 VG, Berra is $20/10/6, and 63 Koufax is 25/12/7.
  • Options
    Thank you you have been a great help. One more question, would it be a good idea to sell the worse ones in not so good condition in a bulk deal?
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    A Mantle like that would sell for around $20-30 on eBay individually, so the answer to your question really comes down to how much are you looking to get for them, and how many or few transactions would you like to deal with.