Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Regrade Question

I have a question for the masses regarding resubmitting previously graded cards.

1- will PSA or BGS accept a card currently slabbed from the other grading company and regrade the card and encase it in their own slab?

2- I have noticed several vintage cards that have been pulled from PSA or BVG 2s or 3s slabs and sold as raw in an attempt to command a higher price, how are these buyers pulling the cards from these slabs without damage? I would imagine that it is very hard to do, however I do own a great 1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson rookie GAI 4 that a previous owner tried to open.

I have no intention of pulling cards out of their slabs, but am interested to know if PSA or BGS will reslab a card. I have noticed with some PSA vintage cards that the card gets slabbed with the plastic case inside causing a plastic wrinkling look, which is a bit unattractive. Would PSA be willing to reslab a card like this? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
flav006

Comments

• KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    1. Yes. but you should crack it out anyway since they may grade it lower just in spite.
    2. It's not hard at all. Some use a dremel here.. I use a butter knife and jimmy around the edges.. some just bend the case untill it cracks..

Like I said yes they'll be more than happy to reslab for you but you should really submit the card raw so you get a unbiased grade from PSA.
  • I havent had any problem getting crossovers from PSA when the card is in another holder. I've crossed over 2 BGS 8.5's to PSA 9's and a BGS 9.5 to a PSA 10. Granted, its a small sample size, but I dont think its as impossible to cross-over as other people think.