Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone familiar with these Israeli medals? (Second try - warning large pics)

First let me say that they're not mine, and then let me appologize for the bad pics (they were taken at a bank).

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't see them, Steve image please try again.
    N. N.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Bad addresses, Steve.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Second try, the old way:

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the J J Van Grover website:

OBVERSE: A Star of David appears in the center, radiating light and matter. Semi circular curves
    suggest the candelabrum expressing "the world above and the world below, branches and roots".
    The Hebrew verse "And there was light" appears across the center of the medal and the words
    "Genesis, 1.3" are inscribed to the left.

REVERSE: A spiral symbolizes the concentration and development of light, the Kabbalistic secret
    of "Zimzum" (God's self contraction). Seemingly rotating within the spiral are the words "And
    there was light, Genesis 1.3 ". Inscribed towards the bottom is the signature of Ya,akov Agam,
    separated by a small star of David.

EDGE: "State of Israel" in Hebrew and English and the Menorah. The silver medals are marked
    with the word "Sterling 999.9" in English and "Silver" in Hebrew. The gold medals are marked
    "G 900" on the 38 mm and "G 750" on the 24 mm. All medals are numerically serialized.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD