Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Anything But Topps Heritage Thread

Just a little sanctuary for those who want to say something that doesn't have anything to do with Topps Heritage.

I expect it will quickly slide down the thread list and disappear.

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am with you 1000000000000000000%. I am sure Heritage cards are very cool but since I generally do not buy new stuff I am tired of hearing about it! Glad I am not alone.
  • Options
    I'm a newbie on the boards, said hello with some information and was shut out in favor of Heritage except for Stone (Mike).

So hello all, glad to be here!

I will have to say that even though I collect hockey, the enthusiasm about Heritage here made me buy a couple packs to see what the fuss was all about. Now I know! image
  • Options
    I had Arby's for dinner. It was daaaaaaamn good. image
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I have an order in with some guy for a complete 2005 Topps Heritage master set (plus common inserts) + chrome set + refractor set.

Sorry John...my post didn't have quite as much talk about 2005 Heritage in it.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
    Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
    Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
    Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
    Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
    Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
  • Options

<< <i>I had Arby's for dinner. It was daaaaaaamn good. image >>

Speaking of Arby's...

Locally here in WI, the Arby's have gotten rid of the Chicken Cordon Blue, Ham & Swiss, and Arby Melts.

What's up with that?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I had Arby's for dinner. It was daaaaaaamn good. image >>

Speaking of Arby's...

Locally here in WI, the Arby's have gotten rid of the Chicken Cordon Blue, Ham & Swiss, and Arby Melts.

What's up with that? >>

Funny you should say that.

The lady friend accidentally received a Chicken Cordon Blue instead of a Chicken Filet. She was not too pleased.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    As long as Topps Heritage wasn't the dinner conversation at Arby's.

Oops.
  • Options
    Arby's tonight for my family too. What happened to the onion petals?
    Jim
    Buy anything for cheap and sell for more.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    And for that matter, what happened to the potato cakes? Man, were they good... image
  • Options
    Hmmm here the sourdough Ham and cheese are on special 2 for 3.00 and the Arby Melts are always 5 for 5.00
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Windcarver - welcome to the nut house. Much to be learned from many master hobbyists here. I've been soaking it in for almost a year, and still glaze over at most topics that the masters discuss.

It took me a while to understand the appeal of "T.H." (I won't spell it out in respect for the threadee). After reading the unofficial, pre-official, argueably official, official, and additional disclaimered topic threads on "T.H.", I finally understand it, and wish I had gotten in on it sooner. It's so detailed, but the updates and case break results make it a lot more easy to understand than reading a trade article in a card mag.

There are no Arby's by me, but did anyone gorge themselves at Denny's a few years back (I did) in order to attempt to complete their baseball set? I recall Jackie Robinson being the big chase card. I've got them stashed away somewhere. Is there any collector interest in that set? Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Still got the them on the menu in the chicago burbs. Maybe your store is thinkin they are "special" or somethin? Or maybe you have cheese curds and salami at Arbys in WI?!

GG
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys
    I can understand your position - we went thru this last year also - hey! I even removed my "H" signature line before entering! image

Had Sushi tonite with the wife - had a nice time. Not much on raw fish - veg sushi and rice stuff and cold Buds!

There was a good debate on the demise of vintage thing also. BTW, my son bought me the Canseco book as a present - has anyone else received the book?
    I read the intro and he is the narrator:

I found Canseco’s self-proclaimed expertise with respect to steroids to be a bit disconcerting and his cavalier attitude disturbing. I think his personal viewpoint as a “man ahead of his times” visionary, proclaiming baseball will herald steroids as a savior, rather self absorbing and egotistical. An introduction should “draw” the reader in rather than incite and potentially alienate them which could render the message moot.

Anyone going to the National this year? I'm taking the wife - tho she won't come within ten miles of the actual building! LOL

Well guys, the "H" word will eventually die down - boards will open up again.

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windcarver
    I have to apologize for you getting aced out right now - I agree and you deserve better. I think everyone should feel welcome around here.

In fact, as a side note, I wasn't planning on going to the National and a friend on another board questioned it - in such a flattering way, that I felt a need to meet these great guys. So I talked to my wife and hey!...we're off to Chicago this summer!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Knuckles - your monicker and your KY post makes me think of only one thing. You are into fist forking. image

• Options
    Stoneman/Mike - I will not buy Canseco's book. Being that you got it as a present, please give us an update on your esteemed opinion of the validity.........sensational money grabbing, half truths, or founded in some kind of reality. Regards.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    heh HEH HEH