Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Booster Box Needed a Booster

My wife just called from Wal*mart. She is on the way home with the last TWO 2005 Heritage Baseball Booster boxes they had there. I plan on opening them all and will give a Gemmy Report.

Comments

• Options
    2 Booster Boxes (16 Packs) from Walmart. Here are the highlights:

SP

402 Casey Kotchman
    403 Chaz Lytle
    415 Elvys Quezada
    419 Jason Johnson
    422 Jose Reyes
    426 Scott Rolen
    447 Eric Byrnes
    458 Michael Cuddyer

Chrome

THC38 Lance Berkman
    THC104 Kazuhisa Ishii

16 packs....my wife, son, daughter, and myself each opened 4 packs. No Autos or Game used. There were a few "New Age Performers." So, bottom line there wasn't one SP per pack.

Not too impressed but I could make back the cost of the boxes by selling the Chrome and SP's. Also, my kids were very excited about opening the packs as I was, and that is what it is all about. By the way, one of my packs only had 7 cards.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Gemmy
    Most times when you get a chrome or an insert card, you will not get an SP. So if you count up your sp's, chromes and inserts, you are hitting right at about 1 per pack. Now, I have had it where there was a chrome AND an SP in some cases also.

Perhaps Topps didn't feel as generous this year.

I'm more concerned about the prospect of having to complete the 220 lights to call my set a 'master' - was not planning on that!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    You got the Big Unit from us here in AZ what more do you want? image
    x
  • Options
    <<Most times when you get a chrome or an insert card, you will not get an SP>>

I knew that.

Not as good as 1 per pack, but almost, so I guess it wasn't that bad after all.
  • Options
    Edited title....I like this one better. image
  • Options
    You guys should just be happy you are getting to open packs. I have been to the local Target and 2 Walmarts everyday for many days straight and have yet to even see a pack of Heritage. Lots of bowman, but no Topps. Whats the deal? Anyone else still eaiting to see the stuff show up?

Ken
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I went to Target this morning and bought about 7 packs

here's what i got
    thc #29 shawn green 1017/1956
    #463 rogers rc
    #300 sosa (2)
    #339 sheffield
    #386 laroche rc
    #263gonzalez rc
    #tn6 whitey ford/jake peavy