Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wicked Good Guy Alert!

Just wanted to share a recent experience with my fellow collectors.

Howard (dirtydog48) had posted on these boards that he had some NHL stubs from the '60's if anyone was interested. I having some programs from that era figured it would be nice if I could match some stubs to them. After some back & forth we came to the conclusion that there wasn't much value there and Howard wanted to keep some of the stubs for himself.

Today in the mail I received 2 stubs from Howard no charge.

One of the stubs was a game against the Bruins, very cool and
one of the stubs is from a game on my 2nd birthday, also very cool.

It's great to experience such unselfish and old fashioned dealings such as this in this day and age when rip offs and greed seem to motivate many dealers and collectors.

Howard, thank you for proving there are still great guys out there willing to help out a fellow collector. This also reinforces my thoughts that the members here are truely the best of the hobby enthusiasts.

Have a great day, Bob

Howard...(aka wicked good guy) I owe you one. LMK if you ever need anything Boston related. There's a huge shop 2 blocks from me and he also has a nice vintage inventory. I'd be more than glad to help you out.

Thanks, Bob
57 Topps (83%) 7.61
61 Topps (100%) 7.96
62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
63 Topps (100%) 7.96
63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
68 Topps (39%) 8.54
69 Topps (3%) 9.00
69 OPC (83%) 8.21
71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
72 Topps (100%) 9.39
73 Topps (13%) 9.35
74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
75 Topps (50%) 9.23
77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
88 Topps (5%) 10.00

Comments

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I don't know the seller, I don't know the poster, I don't collect hockey memorabilia. But, gees...was this refreshing to read!

I get so tired of and bored with rants about how dealers rip everyone off...how incompetent PSA is...flaming one another...etc etc etc.

Congratulations to both of you!
  • Options

The DirtyDog wasn't such a good guy when he stiffed a seller on 30 auctions.