Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What do you think of the Red Man cards?

Hi Guys, I just got in four 1954 Red Man cards. I really like the "painted" baseball card. I suppose that is why I collect the 1956 Topps (background is painted), the 1953 Topps (entire card is painted) and now the Red Man cards. I have done a bit of research on these cards. After looking at a scan of every card in each of the 1952-1955 Red Man sets, I decided on the 1954 set as the one that I will start with. The main reason is that I like the cards with the scenic backgrounds over the cards with just a solid color as the background. The 1954 set has over 70% of the cards with a scenic background. I hope that you enjoy my scans. If anyone has any advice on these cards, I'm very interested in hearing it. Neil

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful set. Good luck with it!

• Options
    very popular set. expect a dog fight for cards with other collectors.
  • Options
    Hi ZodiacMindwarp, How did you post the scans instead of just the links? Also, I know someone with a sweet PSA 7 1969 Mickey Mantle when you are ready to fill that hole in your set. Let me know, Neil
  • Options
    When making your post, at the top you will see a button that have a little picture of a mountain or something on it... click on that then enter the link to the pic in the little pop up window. Or you can use [ IMG ]insert http:// link to pic here with no spaces[ /IMG ]

• Options
    Thanks JonB, Neilimage
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Yes, definitely the 54's.

Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    wow, those 6's look really nice. What's wrong with them?
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Real nice centering on that Mantle for a 7, I'd jump on it Michael.

I can't believe that Burdette got a 5, it's one sweet looking card. These Red Mans are awesome Neil.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?