Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA 9 OC vs. PSA 8

I currently have a PSA 9 OC 1952 Topps high number for sale on eBay. In looking at it I was wondering if maybe it could get a straight PSA 8 if resubmitted. It appears there may be some slight tilting but everything else is near perfect. I am curious as to what others think.

1952 Topps Sal Yvars

Comments

• What does the back look like? If it is also O/C, it looks to be a straight 7 IMO. BTW, thats's a pretty old flip. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I think, if the back is centered, it has a decent shot of being a somewhat ugly 8.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • the back is the key. The front isn't that horribly O/C. The tag is old looking to me, might get lower than an 8. I think PSA grades harder now, not everyone agrees with me however.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Sell it to DSL, and it is guaranteed to come back a PSA 8 if not a PSA 9. Sell it to a collector and the card comes back a PSA 7.

IMO,

Scott J.
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Yes, the flip is old. Similar to the flip on the 34 Goudey PSA 8 I also have on eBay right now.

The back is not centered, but is pretty close to 90/10. I do think the card is accurately graded, but I was just curious since the front isn't *too* OC.

Either way, I think it's a great pose and nice bright background!

Thanks,

spacktrack
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I like it, i think you would get a nice premium over a straight 7, maybe even closer to an PSA 8 value.

I wouldnt resumit.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Psa 9 OC's seem to get very little respect regardless of the problem on the card.

Consider this PSA 9 '53 Bowman Campanella....

$380 for a PSA 9 OC

That's less than the 7 price for 70/30 centering (give or take a few points).

The Yvras looks like a decent 8.
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    This card will not be resubmitted by me since it is up for auction already but I was just curious if it had potential. I am happy with the traffic to the auction and the bidding so far. SMR in 7 is something like $275 so it's getting close. It has an incredible amount of watchers so I am hoping for a premium.

Thanks for the opinions.

spacktrack