Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Beware of Overtimecards on E-bay

I paid for 5 1978 fb and 5 1979 fb wax packs in mid Jan and I have only received the 78 packs so far. He said the 79's were out of stock and will send them soon (which was 3 weeks ago). The 1978 packs were resealed. There was not one wax stain on any of the cards. In addition, there was not one semi-star or star in the 5 packs. It adds up to a very dishonest dealer in my opinion.

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the seller thought you were never going to open the packs? I know that I could just let them set there for at least 20 seconds before I opened them. Have you contacted the dealer about the packs being resealed? Maybe he could just save him self some more money and not send the 79 packs. This way you won't have to open resealed 79 packs as well. I will think twice about buying from this seller. If he cant tell that the wax pack was resealed then he's not someone I would want to buy from. Thanks Mrcardsniperimage
  • Options
    He will also leave you negative feedback after you leave him negative. I have over 1000 + feedbacks and the only neg I got was this clown giving retaliatory negative feedback. The pack I bought had some of the checklists marked. There was also someone who said they bought a pack off of them and they put the wrong year card in the pack. People like this dirtbag need to be kicked off ebay, or just kicked.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    do a serch , I have posted countless times on these boards about this scum bag. if you are buying packs , you should be able to find other very usful information
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I was going to say the same thing as packCollector. There was some stuff here in early 2004 and probably before. It saddens me that this scum is still around.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I got ripped off by him as well on a box of 1979 OPC about 2 years ago. Not even a semi star in the whole box. How is this guy still on ebay? I think he lives outside Richmond and uses the name Harry Trueman (yeah right).
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    We need a FAQ stuck at the top of this board that stays there.

It could cover each year, all sports, pack collecting etc.

Imagine the $$ that doc could save people.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyone's response - it's reasons such as this that make the message boards an essential tool for card collectors. The guy's name is Harry Trueman Jr. - so we're talking about the same guy. I e-mailed him saying the 78 packs were resealed (since there are no wax stains on the cards - they appear to be from vending) and demanding a refund on the 79 packs that he "ran out of". His resealing machine probably broke down and he's having it repaired. People such as Harry are perfect candidates for the "great grinder".

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    He's probably just waiting to find more 79 wrappers. I would be willing to bet that he has boxes and boxes of these things. I think I have 36 1978 OPC wrappers - anybody up for an undercover sting to see if he wants to buy them from you?
  • Options
    He beat me on a 78 Topps Box. Not a single star. The a-hole put the box in a soft envlope with no protection. I have posted numerous times about this guy and I have a retaliatory negative from him as well.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< The pack I bought had some of the checklists marked. >>>

Sends you not only a resealed pack but MARKED checklists inside! Fu**ing unbelievable some of these scammers.
  • Options
    In late 2003, I received this reply from him about the manufactured 1974 pack I got from him

"Steve I do check these packs for signs of being opened but obviously it is not a sure science. I am sorry this happened to you and feel for your situation. It is deplorable that people would do such a thing but they do and get away with it all the time casuing me customers and business and you and other people hard earned money. I can offer a 10% discount on your next purchase to make up for this unfortunate situation. I value every customer I have including you."

Sometime last year for the fun of it, I told him he was a pack scammer and that a lot of collectors know about it. He told me that I had no idea what I was talking about. That's probably true but that's besides the point.
  • Options
    I haven't dealt with him, but I did check his feedback; apparently some people are satisfied with the packs they got.

Are any of his packs good?
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't dealt with him, but I did check his feedback; apparently some people are satisfied with the packs they got.

Are any of his packs good? >>

I wouldn't think so - just a bunch of buyers afraid of the retaliatory neg, which Trueman threatens in nearly every sale.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I have always left the appropriate feedback even when faced with a retaliatory one. Most people who would take the time to check it out will be able to tell its retaliatory. Give him the neg if he deserves it.
  • Options
    Can you imagine how many positive feedback he got when he should have got negative, you can pretty much tell that something is wrong when you don't get the positive feedback as soon as they get the money order. That's another thing that got me, he doesn't accept paypal or credit card so you know you are out the money for sure.
  • Options
    SO do we want to try to shut this guy down or what? Which law enforcement authorities would one call?
  • Options

<< <i>SO do we want to try to shut this guy down or what? Which law enforcement authorities would one call? >>

You could annoy him by reporting his wax pack auctions to ebay for keyword spamming. This title for example " 1978 Topps FB Wax Pack Lot 5 Tony Dorsett RC ?? " is considered keyword spamming according to ebay since there is no guarantee you will receive a Tony Dorsett card. All his pack auctions could be cancelled if reported. I've had 85 Topps wax box auctions cancelled before because I had "McGwire" in the title.