Home Sports Talk
Options

Webber to 76ers?

Wow, who was expecting this?

Am I speaking Chinese?

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Certainly not me, and they gave up crap to get him.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I like his talents, but he always seems to either get hurt or be a disruptive knucklehead. Not so recently, but history has a way of repeating itself.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    ESPN stated the Kings would have owed him $80 million over the next 4 years.

When he was injured earlier this year, Brad Miller stepped up huge and the Kings played great without him. There was a rift between Peja and Webber...looks like Peja won.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< Certainly not me, and they gave up crap to get him. >>>

This is what worries me. The Sixers have made an awful lot of stinkin bad trades the last ten years and Larry Brown was part of that. Webber of course seems to be turning towards the downside of his career and with a bad knee, that downside could be sooner than later. Then the Sixers are stuck with a huge salary. That's where the Eagles do it so well - signing expensive players who are on the upside of their careers - easier said than done I know. We'll see how the Webber trade works out.
  • Options
    I cant understand why the Timberwolves didnt make a move, guess they had no offers.
    I am happy to See Ray Allen didnt leave Seattle too, they are gellin way to much right now.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    So you are the guys that actually follow pro baseketball. I had heard rumours that there were a few out there.
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Saw a stat that showed since 2001, the Kings are barely above .500 with Webber starting, and over .650 without him.

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    He has repented of late and has always been a significant talent. But as Axtell points out, he has not necessarily been the best thing for "the team" during his career. He has matured past the stage that Iverson is currently at, but I have concerns that they will mesh. It will be fun to watch if they do, though. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...