Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders !

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I heard about this earlier today. I am going to hang myself.

Napolean f*&^%$g Harris???? Are you kidding me? I don't mind the #7, the late rounder is a waste...but get a pro-bowler for crying out loud... Only good thing that can come of this is my season ticket location should move up quite nicely as I have a feeling a LOT of season ticket holders are going to be dumping theirs.

I strongly feel this is Red's parting shot to the state of MN. I pray no other city has to have him as an owner.
  • Options
    ahhh Oakland....where one time good/great NFL football players go to die. R.I.P Randy!
  • Options
    The Black Hole is going to be fun this year!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Black Hole is going to be fun this year!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!! >>

SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!
  • Options
    Easy on the Vikes, Baggy, or we'll shill the heck out of the '64 Topps football lot on which you're currently bidding!

Good riddance . . . in MeatHook's opinion, Moss is a punkish thug.
  • Options
    Well I look at it this way. Now he can Run over oaklands metermaids, take plays off, and yeah if things aren't going his way he can just walk off the field.

Seriously, I will miss Moss he is a great player.

Last thought, didn't the soon to be owner of the Vikings Reggie Fowler say he intended on keeping Moss a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    Oakland could have done without Randy Moss. There was enough good recievers to flat out sign in FA. They needed a RB in the draft (Ronnie Brown from Auburn) with that #7 pick.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    The Raiders are grooming Justin Fargas to be a featured back. Besides, there are a number of solid RBs available in free agency, led by Lamont Jordan.

The #7 pick and a good starting LB is a lot to give up, but Moss is a game-changing player who makes every other WR on the team better because the defense has to focus on him. Forget the possession game the team went to the Super Bowl with, led by Rice and Brown at WR, who can't run away from anyone anymore but could catch anything thrown to them; this team now has a fearsome corps of young, fast (and mostly very big) WRs. How will defenses play it going against a 4-WR set where the 6'2", 220 lb.Jerry Porter is the smallest of the WRs (Moss and Johnnie Morant are both 6'4"; Porter and Ronald Curry are both listed at 6'2", 220 lb. - and Doug Gabriel is 6'2", 210 lb.). This is an offense being built for Kerry Collins's strength.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i> The #7 pick and a good starting LB is a lot to give up. >>

Please, if this deal goes through you got the steal of the century.
    Collecting PSA and BGS 500 HR & 3000 Hit Club Baseball
    HOF Quarterbacks Football
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    If you listen carefully, you can actually hear the fantasy football owners of Culpepper crying themselves to sleep.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    Congrats Donruss for making the prediction of Randy Moss's career being washed up in Minnesota in 2004!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is an offense being built for Kerry Collins's strength. >>

Nick
    How do you feel about Collins as QB next year?

I like Moss in Oakland - he'll most likely fit in - one of the veteran sports reporters with 40 superbowls under his belt said that the worst fans are in Oakland - don't necessarily agree - to me...one of the most colorful bunch I have ever seen!

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    He's a fit in Oakland, where they have always had controlled, well managed anarchy. He was getting in the way in Minnesota. They are more conservative. Culpepper is the leader that they want, not a knucklehead like Moss, despite his talents. IMO and regards. This should be pluncked on the sports forum.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>This should be pluncked on the sports forum. >>

Can't argue with that Harry
    So here goes...will his RC's do better or worse in Oakland?
    I've got a few really nice copies - my favorite is an UD card.

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Mike - IMO the move enchances his RC value basis a new market. However, your esteemed opinion would be more valuable than mine. Whatta you think?

• Options
    Thanks for the kind words Harry
    But an esteemed opinion coming from me would be an oxymoron!

Mike
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Mike - your opinions are not in incongruous terms. Fess up and let us know your thoughts.. Regards.

• Options

<< <i>Mike - your opinions are not in incongruous terms. Fess up and let us know your thoughts.. Regards. >>

Incongruous - I haven't done that since Junior High! I think?

But seriously, Moss will have something to prove as others that have been "exiled" to my favorite team since 1970...if he committs to the game and becomes the receiver we know he's capable of being and gets the yardage - which should spread the defence a bit - and Collins has time to hit his receivers - and they start winning this year and show promise as a prospect to make the playoffs and....well you know what I mean - I see a potential 'rebirth' in his RC's.

your friend
    Mike

Mike
  • Options
    Randy Moss to the raiders will open up their offense and improve them tremendously, but they do still need a Good RB and i don't think Lamont Jordan is going to do it. also unless they make some big improvements on defense , they will end up being another version of Indianapolis trying to outscore everyone. But as a lifelong Raiders fan i am very excited about the possibilties Randy Moss brings to the Raider offense. PB
  • Options

<< <i>Randy Moss to the raiders will open up their offense and improve them tremendously, but they do still need a Good RB and i don't think Lamont Jordan is going to do it. also unless they make some big improvements on defense , they will end up being another version of Indianapolis trying to outscore everyone. But as a lifelong Raiders fan i am very excited about the possibilties Randy Moss brings to the Raider offense. PB >>

PB
    I miss the "Snake" and "the Assassin"!

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    As a Chiefs fan, with a team that has no corner backs, I think this is a terrible move image
  • Options
    I miss the "Snake" and "the Assassin"!

Not to mention the "Ghost" and the "Stork!" I forget what Otis Sistrunks nickname was.
  • Options
    Back to Oakland needing a RB, If we know Al Davis, They will end up selecting Maurice Clarret at some point in the Draft. Davis loves to take chances. Just like taking Bo Jackson in the 7th round when no one else thought he would play after dissing Tampa Bay and sitting out a whole year. Justin Fargas is too injury prone to be the answer for the future...IMHO.

David
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling Lamont Jordan will end up in a Raider uni. I don't discount his skills. While he is unproven as a feature back, he has put up good numbers in his limited playing time, has good size and relatively fresh legs. As a Raider fan, I do hope Jordan puts on the Silver and Black.

As far as getting Moss, he has been one of my favorite players so I am tickled pink. I will definately get my tush out to a game this year to see him play.

Go Raiders!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I've never been a huge fan of Collins, but his physical skills are solid. Tuiasosopo makes for a decent backup. [I don't think Gannon will be able to come back, so I discount him completely.] Last year, once Collins got comfortable with his receivers and the offense, the team showed some dynamite big-play ability [witness the second Denver and KC games]. The defense is what is driving me crazy - the move to a 3-4 last year was absurd IMO, as they were stronger at DL than LB. I don't know how much of a defensive infusion they are looking at (Chris Claiborne would be a nice free agent pickup), but becoming a poor man's Indianapolis Colts next year with a 9-7 or 10-6 record is not out of the question.

Jayhawk - bet the over. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a feeling Lamont Jordan will end up in a Raider uni. >>

I sure hope so!
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I was initially upset and disappointed thinking Vikes didn't get enough in return. Then it became more evident that the coaches, the owner and his leading teammates (Pepper & Birk) didn't want him on the team.

The excitement that he brings is very hard to replace --- watching the Vikes has been a helluva lot of fun with him --- hope he does well in the AFC.

My biggest concern is Vikings ownership. Fowler seems like a clown to me with some type of ego to prove. I doubt the NFL will approve him/partners given his financial situation. His blatant lies on his biography is so stupid ---- lieing about playing in the Little League World Series, playing for the Bengals and stating he had a business degree (it was a social work degree) is absurd. And then to flat out admit that he embelished his resume' to because a business degree is more attractive than a social work ---- The guy has no ethics. Plus, his company, Spiral Inc has dozens of lawsuits againt it for non-payment. No one in his home state even knows this guy ---- Hope he disappears & Taylor buys team ---

Back to Moss & players --- Vikes are $36 MILLION!!! under the cap .... they better spend some FA money on defense defense and more defense.

SKOL BABY!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    Anyone have any basic Randy Moss rookies for trade?
    Interests:
    Raiders
    49ers
    Zach Thomas
    Jerry Rice
    San Antonio Spurs
    Texas Rangers

** CU + Refs: AkbarClone, JustSportscards, dirtmonkey, samsgirl214
    ** 169 + Feedbacks on Ebay