Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay buyer help, slabbed cracked clean in half

Is it my job to bring it to the PO attention since I paid for insurance???

Comments

• Options
    first, the kid searching packs! now this! bad week senor.

I don't know, I have always put those things on the seller, but I do not have experience with your exact situation.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    seller tells me it is my job since I paid for insurance...but wait didn't he pay for insurance with my money???HELP!!! ANyway he sent me some email about how in seven years he's never had this problem. I responded by saying "we have had 4 transactions, and
    I have another flawless 232 positives." How annoying!
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I think you are right that the seller should file the claim. He was one who purchased the insurance (using your money). He should file the claim, refund your money, and then wait to get reimbursed by the postal service (which could take awhile based on what I recall hearing in the past). Good luck.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Is the card damaged aswell? Make sure he gives that back before you pay out.
  • Options
    The seller needs to file the claim with the USPS or provide you with the original documents (receipt) so you can file the claim. BTW, just because you paid the seller extra for insurance doesn't mean he/she purchased it from the PO when they shipped. Some sellers use that as a way to get a few extra dollars from the auction. Sorry for your loss. Hope this helps!! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    If the parcel was insured, the person who shipped it will have to get involved since he should have either the green insurance receipt ($50 or under) or the blue insurance receipt (over $50).

YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP THE OUTER PACKAGE. IF YOU THROW IT AWAY, YOU ARE SCREWED! They will not honor a damage claim without it!

Both the buyer & seller will have to get involved since both need to sign one USPS insurance form. If all of that is done, (submit completed form, insurance receipt, damaged item and packaging) you shouldn't have a problem.

I hope it works out OK for you.
  • Options

<< <i>The seller needs to file the claim with the USPS or provide you with the original documents (receipt) so you can file the claim. BTW, just because you paid the seller extra for insurance doesn't mean he/she purchased it from the PO when they shipped. Some sellers use that as a way to get a few extra dollars from the auction. Sorry for your loss. Hope this helps!! image

Scott >>

speaking of original documents (receipts) or Evidence of Value what would this be in an auction. A copy of the Auction closing value? the payment received (paypal receipt for amount)?

EDIT: seek and you shall find: following is from usps website,
    "For Internet transactions conducted through a Web-based payment network, provide a computer printout of the online transaction identifying the purchaser and seller, price paid, date of transaction, description of item purchased, and assurance that the transaction status is completed. The printout must clearly identify the Web-based payment network provider through which the Internet transaction was conducted."
  • Options
    Nocerino18Nocerino18 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    You should have the seller send you the info. It is much easier for you to file the claim. I have done this many times before.
    Coin Superstore's Ebay Auctions
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    ---------------------------------------------
    ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • Options
    speaking of original documents (receipts) or Evidence of Value what would this be in an auction. A copy of the Auction closing value? the payment received (paypal receipt for amount)?

Either should suffice if you are filing to recover what you paid. If it was an item that is far more valuable than what you paid (like something you picked up from an acquaintance at a bargain) and it is insured for the value not the price paid, you may want to get a notarized letter from a reputable dealer as to the value. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets