Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Mike Schmidt Fans

Wow...what a card.

Graded Mike Schmidt Beautyimage
Always buying high grade Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton cards!!!

Comments

• SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    NEAR MINT 6!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE BIT IT!!!! THAT'S HOW AWESOME IT IS!!!!!

The auction has to be a joke. Right?
  • ok , I have now seen it all...

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Check out some of the other "gems" being offered for sale by the seller. Is Major League Grading a real company even or is it some fabrication to get bidders to believe these cards have been graded by a 3rd party?
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    You laugh, David - but right now this is sitting as the toughest 1980s Topps card for Schmidt. There are only 9 PSA 9s, no 10s, and a friend of mine just went through a factory set case for me and might not have even gotten any examples that are 9 worthy....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • I dont believe anyone is questioning the difficulty in obtaining this particular card. It is more on the auction itself,
    a 6 by some fake ( or at least not known) grading company, the corner looks like my dog used it as a chew toy.

edited to add..there have only been 3090 total cards in 88 topps even submitted with 15 8's and 9 9's..

what do you think the pop of 8's and 9's in the card would be if 64K plus cards were submitted to psa in 1988 topps?

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I guess anyone can be a power seller.
    Good for you.
  • MS...

I just sent in an 88 Topps MS card that looks even better than my Nolan PSA 10 from that set. I'll be sure and let you know when it comes back... although its on a 45 day bulk sub.
  • DON'T FORGET TO ADD ME TO YOUR FAVORITE SELLERS LIST!!!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

<< <i>MS...

I just sent in an 88 Topps MS card that looks even better than my Nolan PSA 10 from that set. I'll be sure and let you know when it comes back... although its on a 45 day bulk sub. >>

Jon - please keep me in the loop. Even if it is only a 9, I am very interested!!!
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>this is a topps 1987chewing gum basball card of mike schmidt. the reason this card is being sold is cause i need the money. this card is very cool thou and worth alot of money because i was told by a card collection store that this card, is going to grow in worth every year. this card in the year 2010 is said to be worth $2687if anymore info is needed please email me at meblink182@juno.com please bid i need the money i don't not have a camerah to take pictures,and put them off the inter net but if you are serious about buying this i will try to get a camerah to take a picture to send you and since i really need this money i am willing to add one more card it is a nother mike card. i bought it about 2 years ago for around $285 from ebay so you are getting a great deal please bid. >>

image holy scheiße thats hilarious..

edit - somebody email him for more info as to why the cards 2010 projected value is "$2687".. i'm sure it will result in an equally hilarious response..
    ·p_A·
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>this is a topps 1987chewing gum basball card of mike schmidt. the reason this card is being sold is cause i need the money. this card is very cool thou and worth alot of money because i was told by a card collection store that this card, is going to grow in worth every year. this card in the year 2010 is said to be worth $2687if anymore info is needed please email me at meblink182@juno.com please bid i need the money i don't not have a camerah to take pictures,and put them off the inter net but if you are serious about buying this i will try to get a camerah to take a picture to send you and since i really need this money i am willing to add one more card it is a nother mike card. i bought it about 2 years ago for around $285 from ebay so you are getting a great deal please bid. >>

image holy scheiße thats hilarious..

edit - somebody email him for more info as to why the cards 2010 projected value is "$2687".. i'm sure it will result in an equally hilarious response.. >>

Actually, I think I have a buyer for this guy. I just received an email from a DR. MUMYDA NUBUTO who is helping serious with offer of $30M USD. All he needs is a bank account number and other information to get the transaction started....
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    i dont know if you are keeping track? i have one of the 9's.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Things like this really get my goat! The fact that this guy would try to rip off people so blatantly is despicable! 1988 Topps are among the hardest to find cards ever made. Because of the limited print runs and lack of collectors in the late 80s (I mean, who actually thought cardboard with baseball players would be worth money back then??), these cards command a premium. Ultra high grade PSA examples are extremely rare. I feel bad for the true collectors who have to deal with these con artists out there. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • I want a 1988 Topps Mike Schmidt PSA 9.
    Always buying high grade Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton cards!!!