Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1961 Fleer - does this card look miscut?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5167561895&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

The right top looks much higher than the left top. Is this an optical illusion? I know that 1961 Fleer cards don't come this way regularly, but not sure about this specific #.

Comments

• Options
    The DSL logo on the pic makes in somewhat harder to tell, but it sure does look like MC to me!
  • Options
    it sure does look like MC to me!

Yea, same here. The bottom is flat.
    At first I thought maybe the card was shifted towards
    the left to show the height difference; but it's not consistent
    to the bottom as that is flat and straight.
  • Options
    Looks pretty strange but a quick measurement shows that the length of the two sides is the same. I suspect that it may be that the red is not printed straight.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks pretty strange but a quick measurement shows that the length of the two sides is the same. I suspect that it may be that the red is not printed straight.
    Fuzz >>

I don't know, Fuzz. That upper right corner extends further into the arrowhead than the left corner. This thing looks pretty miscut to me.

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    It sure LOOKS like a MC card, but I guess the professionals at PSA know best... anyone see that '48 Leaf T. Williams PSA 8 with the name banner at the bottom tilted and about a half-inch off ? I've never seen a 48 Leaf that looked like that before...