Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 #130 Yaz PSA 9

The psa 9 that sold on Ebay tonight for $2275 is the card I owned for awhile and sold to Stump when he was climbing to the top of the 69 set ranks. In turn he sold it to the person who sold in here. It is a superior example of a mint card. I wouldnt of complained if it were in a 10 holder. One beautiful card. Congrats to the winner.

Comments

• Options
    Bob

I sold the card for well north of that. It is a beautiful card and one I wish I had not parted with

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Definitely a beautiful card and I'm surprised that it sold for $1,000 less than it did last March.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    That is a major swing in price, but on the other hand, the market seems kind of hit and miss lately.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Stump,
    I must have missed it when you sold it. In my opinion its always been a card well worth $2000 or so. I too regret ever selling it. I was hi bidder with 11 sec to go last night at $1575. My bid of $1911 was well short. In hindsight I should of probrably bid $2500. Still might of lost it though. I also had the only Jim Hunter in 9. I wish I had that one back too.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my $250 bid fell a bit short. image

Bob, Did you get the results on your Brock?
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Cost of PSA cards: Expensive.

Cost of LOW POP PSA 9's: Rdiculously expensive.

Cost of seeing Dude, Gaspipe, and Stump in one thread: PRICELESS!

"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    EJ,
    Are we going to have a get together this year at the National?
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    I think so. Alan C. called me at work last week and gave me an ultimatum, so I can go ahead and say pretty sure that he and I will be accounted for. Hope to see familiar faces/names and those who will become familiar.

Would love to know if they are going to be doing another auction as they did in A.C. Other than someone's hospital visit, I recall it was pretty cool.
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Dude has quietly put a very nice set on the registry, he might make it to the top 5 of the alltime list soon.

I like how every year someone has dethroned the top dog 3 years in a row.

since the set has about 36 cubans on it, i have a few cards around and i have to say that the set really grows on you after a while, clean cards with clear photographs and those silly bubbles with their name on it. when i was deciding what year to cut off for my collection i decided that 1969 would be the last post war vintage i would collect.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    stump , thanks for the comments on the card. i wasn't sure about this card becasue of the 2 blue marks on the top border but I wasn't going to bid anyway knowing that oysh needed it. glad to hear that he got a superior example. I am happy with my 9 that stump sold me. gaspipe, you could have bid any amount on this card and lost so don't feel bad. image
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    calleocho -- Thanks for the nice comments. It may be a while before I complete the '69 Set. I still need the Brock, Bench, Yaz, F. Robinson, Reggie Jackson and the Seaver plus about 30 of the toughest commons in the set. None are easy to find cheap when they have decent eye appeal, and I don't spend money on cards like I once did, so it may be 18-24 months before I hit 100% at PSA 8 or higher.

ejguru -- It's great to hear from you! I wish I could go to the National this year, but it's probably not going to happen.
  • Options
    I just got an email from the "seller" of the Yaz 9 card. He said the winning bidder backed out. I offered to buy it, but I know someone here knows the winning bidder. Can you find out if this is legit?
  • Options
    packcollector,
    The card you have that Stump sold you is the one I had and sold to Stump, its a beauty isnt it. Took me a long time to find one.
  • Options
    gaspipe - my bet is the email did not come from the real seller.
  • Options

<< <i>gaspipe - my bet is the email did not come from the real seller. >>

Agree Oysh is a top notch bidder that wouldn't back out
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    gaspipe, yes real happy with mine not to mention the great deal stump gave me , it was the last card I needed for my yaz run.
    oysh did not back out of the 9 and the email you got is definately a scam