Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

81 donruss baseball

what did donruss use as a cutting press back in the day...a dull exacto???? i wonder if this would grade or come back "evid of trimming".. image

imageimage

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    WOW....what else can you say? Looks like they were cut with a shear, after I had a few borbouns!
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I recently bought the error set of the 1981 donruss, and didn't really remember how bad this set was...crummy paper stock, inane backs, horrific out of focus....but still a soft spot in my heart for em.

I wonder if these cards are the 'black sheep' of donruss' memories...
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    2 classic pics! what a set! forget about the quality , thats what makes it special. i have 2 700ct boxes of 81 donruss i havent looked at in about 20yrs. i know i have 20 or so ozzie's and i've been meaning to check them out one of these days . oh the memories
    Bob
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew - must have been children's visitation day at Donruss and the kids were hand cutting the cards from the sheets.
  • Options
    life happens
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Though ugly, cheap looking, offcut, etc... I have gotten 3 PSA 10's from '81 Donruss which is more than any other year I have sent in! I sort of like them... especially when they sell!
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Is this really any different than a really rough OPC cut? It sure seems different, but aren't both caused by the exact same problem: poor production technology?