Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A couple of nice toned 25c

I got a new camera, managed to get some decent pics . This is my first attempt to post pics to this forum.

Michael

Comments

• emzeeemzee Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭
    a couple more for practice.
    2 more.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Yummy coins, lookie my 53 I just purchased..

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I really dig the 42d....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins and nice pics, emzee!

I have a devil of a time getting the luster and color correct on Washington silver quarters, in particular.

What's your secret? What's your light source/set-up?
    I took some more pics. Most of these coins are in NGC holders. The 1964d 25c PCGS ms67 is output of a toning project I began around 1990 . I have additional quantity of ms65-66 late date 25c (1959-1964) with similar toning I intend to sell in near future - this was, in part, my motivation for learning to take/post pictures.

The 1961d and 1962d 25c below have similar toning and consecutive ID #'s - they undoubtedly came out of same album.
    Michael

Images below are all PCGS ms66 coins.They are some of the best results from a long-term toning project. I knew them all when they were white coins residing in rolls, circa 1990.

Michael
    dpoole,
    I know essentially nothing about cameras/photography and woefully little about computers. My setup is pictured in attached pic. Camera is nikon coolpix 4300 - I got this for $200 refurbished on ebay. It is set to macro mode, no flash, autofocus. I bought a little tripod for $35 at local camera store and 2 20w halogen lamps with flexible necks at K-mart for $10 apiece. "Stand" consists of about 6 4x6" white scratch pads to elevate coin about 20 degrees. Tripod is adjustable so that lens of camera is roughly perpendicular to slab. Lamps are focused close to top edge of coin at 11 and 1 o'clock positions. I take a lot of exposures and use Nikon editor to crop pic, adjust colors/brightness (this really helps) and downsize file. You can vary position of lights, camera angle etc as necessary. Unfortunately, none of this is reproducible with certainty.
    Michael
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    emzee,

I've tried all kinds of combos and angles with different kinds of lights from different/combined directions, and never have pics comparable to yours. Very frustrating!

Beautiful coins in their own right, BTW!
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only coin I see Is lucys??
    AL
    The links to coin images I put in several of my initial posts to this thread have disappeared since yesterday!! What gives?

Michael