Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Question re Posting Pics: How do I reduce jpeg file size to 50K?

I got a new camera and have managed to take some decent coin pics. I have reviewed previous threads regarding posting pictures. I have been unable to post pictures because file size limit for upload to forum is 50K . My pictures are in the 300-500K range. Is there any easy way to reduce jpg file size to 50K? Wouldn't doing this degrade image quality? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Michael

Comments

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    You have to use the photoshop software. Go to whatever changes image size, and plug in numbers...a regular shot is probably anywhere from 650-1300 pxl. It has to go down to 100-200...just keep experimenting. At 50K, it will shrink most details.
  • Options
    emzeeemzee Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    Thanks JB. It worked.
    Michael
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    You might just want to open the file in mspaint (comes with windows) and just save it again (make a copy first). Camera's are not very good at compression (it is better for the companies if the files are bigger because you buy more memory cards) and files are a lot bigger then they have to be.

• Options
    I use a free software program called IrfranView which can change the size of the images