Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any Canadians send stuff to PSA/DNA?

I'm used to sending stuff through Len Potti (PSA Canada) for gradeing but he won't be the middle man for PSA/DNA submissions.

How do you guys send your stuff in so when PSA/DNA receives your package they don't have to pay a huge customs fee due too the contents being worth so much and the other way around as well for when I get the stuff back..

Also, do you have to be a member to submit to PSA/DNA? I'm not a member as I don't need to be (send stuff through Len Potti).

Comments

• Options
    I sent some expensive cards to PSA for grading through FedEx. I listed the contents as being worth $5,000 USD. I wasn't sure how much duty or brokerage fees I'd have to pay. Turns out that Fedex called me when the package was at the border and told me that they just changed the value to $200 to avoid these extra fees. I had it insured for $5,000 and chaning the value on the decalaration card didn't impact this so I was still covered. I believe there's some customs forms you'll need to include with your package. Make sure you only put a value of $200 on these forms.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I doubt they do that all the time for people.

I've tried sending stuff by FedEX before within Canada and to the US and all three times they told me sorry we can't insure collectibles.

I guess I'll just give PSA/DNA a call to find out how to go about doing this.

I have a nice Red Wings puck signed by Gordie Howe #9 Mr. Hockey. Incredible autograph.
    A great Blackhawks puck signed by Bobby Hull #9.. (it's great because is not sloppy as most of his signed pucks are)
    A Jacques Plante postcard signed on the back.
    A signed Terry Sawchuk photo
    A Eric Lindros signed ticket from his very first Oshawa Generals game

The Sawchuk and Plante are the two that I'm worried about since they're so rare and expensive.