Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's a Felt pennant box-topper?

<<Retail packs are pre-priced. Cut Signature cards not available in Retail version. Felt pennant box-topper also not available in Retail version.>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=55857&item=5162867352&rd=1

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Felt pennant box-topper also not available in Retail version.
    >>

Just a figment of your imagination.
  • Options
    It is the item that has upset many people and could get Topps in some hot water over their handling of that situation. They stated that at the last minute MLB made them pull the pennants from the boxes. I do not believe the last minute was the week before the stuff shipped. I think they had time to act somehow. There were many dealers who bought extra cases of this stuff for the toppers, these buyers are the ones getting screwed.

Most collectors do not mind them not being in their they just wish Topps had made an effort to fix the situation or issue some type of retraction to them not being there, instead of just releaseing them and letting the buyers find out on their own.
  • Options
    But what are they and what were they supposed to look like?
  • Options
    I don't think they ever released a photo of them
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I believe they were supposed to be pennants made of felt. You know, triangular flags depicting a team or player or something.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    << I believe they were supposed to be pennants made of felt. You know, triangular flags depicting a team or player or something.>>

In past years, did Topps Heritage have them?
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    No, it was new this year, an extra value-add, like what UD is doing with their latest Yankee Classics or whatever the set is. But the best laid plans of mice and card companies...
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    <satire>You mean you guys collect the cards that come with Topps Heritage gum?
    I bought a box and was disappointed. I was expecting gum from 1956. </satire>
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff